jobs!!

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all
Default jobs!!

Hello everyone again, could someone point me in the right direction as how to find jobs in sw france. Is there a local newspaper or job centre. My hubby is a bricklayer by trade so not too sure if they actually advertise these sort of jobs.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of
Default Re: jobs!!

Best of luck.....
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all

oh ok i'll take that as a 'no' then.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

They don't use bricks in SW France. They look like brick coloured breeze blocks which they render afterwards.
In my local job centre there is 1 vacancy for a plasterer at 9 euros an hour. Peanuts really. There is very little construction work about officially and the unofficial stuff is being done by builders from Holland/UK/Poland on the black.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:03 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcmorrow1
oh ok i'll take that as a 'no' then.
No!
Sorry not to have replied before, but the place to go to is your local Pôle-Emploi (ex ANPE). You'll find the address on www.pole-emploi.fr.
You could also look in the Pages Jaunes, under Maçonnerie, and your OH could apply to the firms directly for employment. The number of entreprises de maçonnerie listed will also give you an idea of the local competition if he wants to set up as an Auto-Entrepreneur.
There are also Jobs Offered and Jobs Wanted in the regional and local papers, but I imagine it's cheaper and quicker for an employer to ask at the Pôle-Emploi before putting a small ad. in, so your OH should first get himself registered there.
All the best!
P.S. Whereabouts in the SW? It's vast!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

In eymet we think. Thanks again for the info will def check that out.
cheers.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

Hello,
your husband is probably a really good bricklayer good rate of laying bricks per hour,to the standard of british standards and very neat and clean!!
Thats may be his down fall because like others have said the construction techniques are different in europe.
so like myself when i started here,i had to learn agian because a employer will just see you as a liability if he puts you on job and you start building with levels every 2 seconds also learn the language?nightmare but building for the market you know,will not get you very far.
try on day one to be a help not a pain...go with the flow...melt in..
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

He will be going self employed
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

I would think the best place to start is to read through the relevant parts of this
http://www.frenchentree.com/france-e...ent-work-jobs/
especially this part
http://www.frenchentree.com/france-e...e.asp?ID=20544
This'll help you decide..

Note: Starting a small business in France has recently been simplified (er made less complicated!).
Having skimmed through the above link articles I would think some are not quite up to date - but will still give you a good idea.

Last edited by Roger O; Aug 23rd 2009 at 11:52 am.