Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Jan 26th 2021, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hello Tony
Welcome to the forum.
Post your questions on the main French forum.
The best advice is to plan carefully in advance.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 9:54 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotchtony
Hello, I'm Tony, my wife and I are planning to move and retire to France from the UK in early 2024. We are on the first steps of a long journey. The first one being finances of course. Brexit has made it even more complicated than it was. Expect a few dumb questions from me over the next couple of years.
Hi, and welcome to the forum from me, too!
As suggested, post again in a New Thread in the main forum below, as your introductory post will get swallowed up by the following ones.
You've got time to prepare and, by then, the consequences of Brexit and conditions for residency here will have been run-in. How is your French? (for both of you?). You've got time to brush it up before you retire and take the plunge. Meanwhile, if you've already decided on an area where you'd like to settle, have you considered buying a holiday home where you can come for holidays?
Don't hesitate to ask questions, even dumb ones. You'd be surprized at all the French quirks that potential expats aren't aware of!
Old Feb 10th 2021, 7:07 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellen19961007
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Post again, but with a bit more detail, in a New Thread in the main section below. This is an introductory thread and yours will get swallowed up by the following ones.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

wordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, Dee & Allan Catterall here from Blackpool....Originally from New Zealand, have been here before but our dream has taken a great leap forward...is there anyone here from sillé le guillaume in the pay de loire ?
we would love to catch up and have a chat to discuss the region ?
Old Feb 25th 2021, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi D&A
Re-welcome to the forum.
Have you moved to Sillé le Guillaume or just thinking about it.
Post a little more on the main forum as this section is for introductions only.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

wordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond reputewordsmith65 has a reputation beyond repute

we are hoping to move there in the coming year or so....will do a longer post soon, Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2021, 3:31 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wordsmith65
we are hoping to move there in the coming year or so....will do a longer post soon, Thanks
Have just replied to your longer post, which actually needs to be more detailed!
Old May 16th 2021, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Bill retiring to Pezenas is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hello All,

Bill, 63 years old, residing now in Japan but on my way to retire by myself in Pézenas, south of France.
Interested to make some connections with others who are in or near Pézenas with a view to achieving an easy long term visa entry, a soft landing on arrival, a good introduction to the local delights, some pointers at pétanque and to avoid the pitfalls commonly made by a novice such as I (whose French is just now very comme ci, comme ca but I am studying like a Dervish and will continue to do so). All offers of advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
Old Jul 9th 2021, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Simon Deceuninck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!

I'm very pleased to join this forum.

I am a French English speaking lawyer working in Nouvelle Aquitaine. I provide services to international clients, especially British expats. I work with a UK solicitors' firm on a daily basis.

This forum was recommended by an English friend of mine. If that's ok with you, I'll try to share some tips and provide some useful answers to the many questions that members might have about moving ot France or dealing with our quite complex legal and/or administrative system.

Really looking forward to hearing from you,

All the best,

Simon.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 8:10 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Members will be happy to gain advice from someone with true knowledge of the legal system. However, I must remind you that there is a no advertising rule so you are not able to tout for business or encourage members to use your firm either on the open forum or by private messaging.

Rosemary
Old Jul 9th 2021, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Hi Rosemary,

Absolutely, I read all the terms of use and will of course comply with all of them.

I'm just coming back from living and working abroad myself (Mauritius) and I know that things can be a little stressful when you don't exactly know your rights and duties. So I figured I could provide some help here.

I grew up in Charente Maritime and now work in Bordeaux, so I know the South West in and out !

Also, if there are any golfers, I'm in for an 18 holes
Old Jul 9th 2021, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Simon, I think it will be great to have you on the forum.
In one of my holiday jobs in the UK as a young student my supervisor a was guy from Mauritius who wore a toupée (a very bad one). Since he was the only Mauritian I'd ever met, and also the only person I'd ever (knowingly) met who wore a toupée, the two things became inextricably linked in my mind. I am sure that not everybody in Mauritius wears toupées in reality, but in my head they do.
Old Jul 9th 2021, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Hey Eurotrash ! Congrats on the accuracy of your answers on the forum to administrative or legal questions of members! I was frankly quite amazed by your knowledge!

I have absolutely never met a mauritian wearing a toupée but who knows, maybe they were all hiding it extremely well.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Simon Deceuninck Hi Simon, are you still tuned in?
Is employment law a thing you can advise on at all?
If so, I would very much like to run something past you. I have a bit of a "situation" and I would like to check that I have understood things correctly, before I potentially make an ar5e of myself.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Hi EuroTrash. I specialize in corporate & commercial, as well as housing/real estate matters. But please do ask, I still have some good knowledge from my faculty years. Worst case scenario, I'll ask a labour law colleague .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.