Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Dec 14th 2012, 8:07 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by crochetrunner
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. My name is Ann and I live in southwest france with my English husband and two kids. We have been here for about 8 years now.
Welcome Ann, others will be along to say HI.
Old Dec 14th 2012, 10:21 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crochetrunner
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. My name is Ann and I live in southwest france with my English husband and two kids. We have been here for about 8 years now.
Hi and welcome to BE.

I hope you enjoy being part of our community and if you get stuck on anything on the site please let me know.

Oh and Seasons Greetings
Old Dec 21st 2012, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

cab47 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im new
to forum not france that is !
Old Dec 21st 2012, 1:31 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cab47
hi im new
to forum not france that is !
Welcome, tell us more if you wish.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

ok we bought property in 2003 , spent a few years out here then were back in the uk til earlier this year - had hoped to have sold up but due to the market etc this didnt happen so decided we should return to France , so far so good kids both in school doing great .
i am currently getting registered on the autoentrepeneur scheme which is "interesting " like anything to do with the civil service quango lot over here !

Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:57 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

ok we bought property in 2003 , spent a few years out here then were back in the uk til earlier this year - had hoped to have sold up but due to the market etc this didnt happen so decided we should return to France , so far so good kids both in school doing great .
i am currently getting registered on the autoentrepeneur scheme which is "interesting " like anything to do with the civil service quango lot over here !

Where are you based?
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

dept 47
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:08 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Good luck with the A-E, others have done it and survived!
Post in the General Section with any questions or advice you can give!
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:12 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

dept 47
Nice part; visited Monflanquin, Villeneuve and Villereal. We keep talking about going back south to enjoy the wonderful architecture and countryside, perhaps next year we shall get it together.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

frenchdream is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone, I have a dream of moving to mid France, more on the coastal side than inland. My dream is to own and run a camping/glamping site but my partner is not convinved. It's a few years off yet but I want to start learning about it, the pitfalls and the viability of the idea. So any pointers/ideas etc would be welcome. Also as I am new and do not completely understand the protocol on the site, please let me know how best to discuss this. So with a "Happy New Year" to everyone, would anyone like to start me off? Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:06 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frenchdream
Hi Everyone, I have a dream of moving to mid France, more on the coastal side than inland. My dream is to own and run a camping/glamping site but my partner is not convinved. It's a few years off yet but I want to start learning about it, the pitfalls and the viability of the idea. So any pointers/ideas etc would be welcome. Also as I am new and do not completely understand the protocol on the site, please let me know how best to discuss this. So with a "Happy New Year" to everyone, would anyone like to start me off? Thanks
Hi, and welcome to the forum! You should repost your enquiry in the main section underneath ("New Thread"), otherwise your thread will get swallowed up in all the Introduction/Welcome posts.
I can't help personally, but I'd have thought a few trips over, with your partner, to visit existing camp sites would give you an idea of the feasability of another one working.
How is your French? You'd have to cope with French Bureaucracy/Red-Tape/Administration to set up a business structure, not to mention communicate with potential French clients. And also consider your respective healthcare coverage - you wouldn't be covered by each other if you aren't "legally bound".
If your partner isn't enthusiastic (for whatever reason), you're going to have to make a serious decision at some stage!
See you later in the main section, where others can advise you better, to avoid your dream becoming a nightmare!
P.S. Pardon my ignorance, but what's glamping?

Last edited by dmu; Jan 2nd 2013 at 4:12 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

frenchdream is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, thanks I will look into getting the post onto the correct thread. Hubby wants to but needs something firm to convince him. French is O level standard but there's plenty time to get back into it and be better before we go. Glamping is glamourous camping, yurts, teepees etc...
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

hi
you say your partner isnt convinced
I would seriously advise against moving here unless you are both 100 % prepared for a lot of hassle & hard work , its hard to quantify or explain in a few lines but basically if one of you isnt totally commited then gradually this unravels and causes problems/disagareements/ arguments etc etc etc.

"taking a horse to water and trying to make it drink "
be very cautious..............
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

IronBrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hi there,
I'm afraid I'm "only" French-of Spanish or so descent- but I'm a total fan of the UK. So I'm a Fenchwoman living in the south east of France -that big city that prides itself in disliking Paris and its football team, that will give you a clue.
I used to live in the north of France where Golden Syrup or Angel delight supplies were not a problem but ever since I moved to the south life has become difficult.
Hopefully you won't be mind me joining you.

My name will give you an idea- I've spent time in Scotland (sorry the actual spelling was already taken). My greatest joy in the last few months was to find out my local supermarket had IrnBru- I reckon the manager's either Scot or married to one. Still couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the shelf. They don't have Diet IrnBru though.
Oxford, London and Cornwall are regions/ cities I miss- not to mention Northern Ireland too.

Anyway, I'm joining you (if I may) in the hope to see how you manage to shop and cook in France.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome IronBrew.
You will find this is a friendly and helpful forum.
Although I am not sure any of us is going to match our culinary skills against a lady of French and Spanish descent!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.