British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/introduction-thread-somewhere-say-hi-585717/)

dennerlymum Feb 12th 2009 3:18 pm

Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

oh
we were given the form to take to the impots in october by our builder (which we did) they told us to add it to our form in may and it would be processed then; maybe it is because the work was commenced in november 2007?

Ka Ora! Feb 12th 2009 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by dennerlymum (Post 7278344)
oh
we were given the form to take to the impots in october by our builder (which we did) they told us to add it to our form in may and it would be processed then; maybe it is because the work was commenced in november 2007?

Thats standard, You get the rebate After you have completed and returned your end of year assessment. There is no way for you to get it prior to then. Im not sure what the claim cut off time was. But any work now being done would not qualify for the rebate. Something we did find that was most Impots employees did not understand the rules claiming that the work and parts purchased needed to be carried out by an Artisan with a siret number, Every time I was told this I left the Office just a wee bit hot under the collar. I turned around to the Oh and said fine when the end of year form comes in we will include it so at least then we can take it to an Independent assessment if they say no, Guess what they Paid. A lot of fuss because I had purchased the wood central heating system and installed it myself. So I had invoices for the Purchasing of New Equipment but no Installation Invoice.

When you visit the Impots all they ever do is get a big Book out with the rules in, every employee interprets them in a different fashion so you san see three people in a week and get different answers from all of them.

dennerlymum Feb 13th 2009 11:24 am

thx for clarifying that kia ora:) - I was beginning to worry a bit there
michele

Ka Ora! Feb 13th 2009 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by dennerlymum (Post 7281556)
thx for clarifying that kia ora:) - I was beginning to worry a bit there
michele

Ka Ora, im not named after a drink. If I was it would be an Alcoholic beverage of the finest quality not a watered down Orange Drink.:lol:

treskillard Feb 13th 2009 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora! (Post 7281723)
Ka Ora, im not named after a drink. If I was it would be an Alcoholic beverage of the finest quality not a watered down Orange Drink.:lol:

It's catching ;)

Ka Ora! Feb 13th 2009 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by treskillard (Post 7282029)
It's catching ;)

I feel a random outburst coming on.....

Nah I farted......Moments gone.:lol:

treskillard Feb 13th 2009 2:25 pm

Er sorry Val's memory just PM'd me to say stop hijacking threads and I PM'd her memory saying - Hee Hee you're not a mod any more and then she PM'd me again and I apologised and yet I'm still here. Bettergonow.

Andrea50 Feb 14th 2009 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora! (Post 7281723)

Yep, people have called me Jack for years ..............:D

dennerlymum Feb 15th 2009 3:48 pm

oops a daisy
never was good with names sorry for that - did seem like a strange choice of name :D

themoose Feb 19th 2009 8:27 am

Hello:thumbup:

minouette Feb 19th 2009 6:39 pm

Hello from me as well!
Happy to have found you.

sheilae Feb 21st 2009 12:40 am

Hi everyone,
Im thinking of moving over to France to live for a while, whats the best place? I speak no french at all but hoping to learn while over there.

sheila :)

Blackladder Feb 21st 2009 10:42 am

Hi Minouette and Sheila!
Nice to have you aboard! There's some spooks/loonies/straight men here, but most of us are OK (ducks)
Blackie

minouette Feb 21st 2009 6:31 pm

Thank you, Blackie! Good to know there are good, honest guys around here. As my own finances are no longer sufficient (thanks, Mr Brown & Co!), question is do they also have money? :D

jenny and charlie Feb 21st 2009 6:34 pm

Bonjour Sheila,

Have you any idea which part of France you are interested in, the country is so vast, the weather temperatures can vary so much from one end of the country to the other and the culture is so varied as well. We are in south west France in the Gironde and we are enjoying spring-like temperatures already. The people are friendly and very helpful and English are fewer in numbers than say the Dordogne. France can be everything and anything you want it to be. Even with limited French, you can get by. We are by no means fluent, but we get what we want in shops and restaurants and even hold conversation with the natives. We love living here and will never return to England to live. :thumbsup:
Jenny and Charlie.