Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:35 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by aimaom
Hi!
I'm a 30 year old English woman and I've been living and working in France since 2002. I have lived in Lorraine, Picardy, Champagne and currently Burgundy (Dijon). Are any other members living here?
Not there myself but welcome to the Forum...
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

I just happen to be surfing the net, as is my way, when I came upon this site, having had experiences with other sites of a similar nature I wasn't sure whether to register or not, but heyyyy, nothing ventured nothing gained.

So hello to all that read this, and to those that don't, well you jut don't know what youv'e missed.

We have been living here in the Charente now for just over four years, have loved EVEY minute of it and wouldn't willingly want to return to the U.K.

We are a retired couple (me71((going on16)) her 65 ), we are active, love playing golf, I also fish when wifey goes to "Art Classes", we eat out a fair bit,our French is improving all the time, much to the Angst of local Brit Packs, who we shun with a fervour. That said, of course we have English friends, but they are just that ---friends --- NOT in each others pockets.

That said, we enjoy meeting others who, like us, enjoy being guests in this lovely country,who accept things as they are, simply because they have been that way for years................... I'd better stop here before I put too many backs up, once again, hello to you................
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by RichardP
I just happen to be surfing the net, as is my way, when I came upon this site, having had experiences with other sites of a similar nature I wasn't sure whether to register or not, but heyyyy, nothing ventured nothing gained.

So hello to all that read this, and to those that don't, well you jut don't know what youv'e missed.

We have been living here in the Charente now for just over four years, have loved EVEY minute of it and wouldn't willingly want to return to the U.K.

We are a retired couple (me71((going on16)) her 65 ), we are active, love playing golf, I also fish when wifey goes to "Art Classes", we eat out a fair bit,our French is improving all the time, much to the Angst of local Brit Packs, who we shun with a fervour. That said, of course we have English friends, but they are just that ---friends --- NOT in each others pockets.

That said, we enjoy meeting others who, like us, enjoy being guests in this lovely country,who accept things as they are, simply because they have been that way for years................... I'd better stop here before I put too many backs up, once again, hello to you................
Welcome to the forum
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardP

Hi Richard welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy being part of our community. If you ever have any site usability questions please do not hesitate to give myself or Ka Ora! a shout anytime. You can also post any questions, concerns or suggestions in our Site Feedback forum. We've also got a FAQ section as well.

Once again welcome!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:03 am
Just Joined

SerpentinaDivine is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hello, everyone! I am not in France yet, but this is my first step towards getting there. I am not British either, but have been living in UK for 10 years now, so I hope you forgive me for signing up with the British expats forum... I am quatrilingual (sort of) Lithuanian, working in social services, voila!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of

Yo are more than welcome to visit, and hopefully, join in.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by SerpentinaDivine
Hello, everyone! I am not in France yet, but this is my first step towards getting there. I am not British either, but have been living in UK for 10 years now, so I hope you forgive me for signing up with the British expats forum... I am quatrilingual (sort of) Lithuanian, working in social services, voila!
Welcome to the forum, If you get any issues give me a shout or one of the Forum Leaders there is one or more for each section of the Forum alternatively there is the Site Feedback Section for Questions.

?

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Nov 9th 2010 at 7:47 pm. Reason: Opps
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Location: Somewhere in the Mont d' Ambazac...One day I will possibly look at a map...!!!
Madame Scarecrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Bonjour Mesdames et Monsieurs..Ca Va???

Lived here for about 4 months...and I thought I would just ask a quick question...

Would anyone like to tell me why the 'ell I took so long to get 'ere???

It is bl**dy fantastic...!!!

Madame Scarecrow
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Madame Scarecrow

Lived here for about 4 months...and I thought I would just ask a quick question...

Madame Scarecrow
Welcome to the forum
Old Nov 13th 2010, 1:44 am
Just Joined

austerus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!

Name's Andrew and I've been living in Antibes for the past half a year. After pulling through French bureaucracy I've finally settled in and having all the paperwork fresh in mind bears the advantage I can share the experience with anyone in need of assistance.

I'm not really British, although I hope that being adept at British humor counts for something.

And I'm more than happy for any British contacts in the area.

Cheers!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 2:03 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madame Scarecrow

Madame Scarecrow
So glad that you are enjoying BE and welcome
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Location: Hampshire, but with holiday home in the Sarthe, France. Shortly relocating
XopherO is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. My wife and I have had a second home in France for 11 years - in the Sarthe. Our main home is in Portsmouth - but we have just sold it to buy a bigger home in France and settle there permanently sometime in the New Year. My wife is French though as she points out she has now lived in England for nearly twice as long as she lived in France! It all seems a bit complicated at the moment, and I have joined the Forum to learn from others' experience. We are both retired.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by XopherO
Hi. My wife and I have had a second home in France for 11 years - in the Sarthe. Our main home is in Portsmouth - but we have just sold it to buy a bigger home in France and settle there permanently sometime in the New Year. My wife is French though as she points out she has now lived in England for nearly twice as long as she lived in France! It all seems a bit complicated at the moment, and I have joined the Forum to learn from others' experience. We are both retired.
Welcome to the Forum.....
Old Nov 13th 2010, 6:36 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XopherO
Hi. My wife is French though as she points out she has now lived in England for nearly twice as long as she lived in France!
Hi, welcome to the forum! I've lived in France more than twice as long as I lived in England, and feel like a foreigner when I go back for visits! All the best to your wife when she readjusts to French life!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

LouLou67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I am currently living in the UK, but, moving to France , Bergerac in early January. My boyfriend is French & already living in France ( Mimizan), but we will be living in Bergerac. I speak a little French enough to get by at the moment but I am having lessons, listening to CDS also, plus my boyfriend, lol.. I just wondered how people have found it trying to get work in France & has anyone or does anyone live in Bergerac? I can do most things & currently I work for a comapny called Meggitt Defence but I don't mind what I do. Any pointers much appreciated.
Thank you,

Lou

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.