Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Aug 29th 2009, 7:24 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by rutheglen
Salut!
My daughters and I moved to France at the beginning of August to live with my french fiance. Just about settled in now - all the boxes are unpacked and I'm starting to get to grips with the local roads (eek - right priorities!)
We are living in Mutzig, near Strasbourg. The girls are starting school next week in Strasbourg - they are almost 15 and almost 11. We're all looking to make new friends - please drop me a line! My french isn't great to be honest, but I'm learning, same for the girls.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Ruth
Hi, and welcome!
I'm intrigued by your location (under your name) - has l'Alsace suddenly gone independent?
Good luck with the French. I have a step-son-in-law who hails from the Alsace - he says that, in addition to French, they all speak a Swiss-German-type dialect, so your children will pick that up, too, as soon as they make friends!
Old Aug 29th 2009, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Charantedreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rutheglen - hope it all goes OK. My french is OK from school and working here when I was 17 (long time ago) but the children don't speak any which is why I think they are so opposed to it. Until we bought here I never drove then decided I needed to and to be honest find it easier than the UK now, much more relaxing than our mad roads. Good luck to the children for next week.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:48 am
Just Joined

glasgow_chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charantedreamer
Hi Rutheglen - hope it all goes OK. My french is OK from school and working here when I was 17 (long time ago) but the children don't speak any which is why I think they are so opposed to it. Until we bought here I never drove then decided I needed to and to be honest find it easier than the UK now, much more relaxing than our mad roads. Good luck to the children for next week.
Just wanted to say hello.

I m new on the forums, and although originally from Glasgow, Scotland, have lived in Paris for 5 years.

Old Aug 30th 2009, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

barbel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I’ve just arrived in Avignon for a 12-month job, single (divorced) male aged 59, science Doctor, and looking to make friends and learn French. My interests include fishing, jogging, mountain biking, eating and drinking (all in a social and not competitive sense). Open to all suggestions!
Old Aug 30th 2009, 1:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barbel
Hi, I’ve just arrived in Avignon for a 12-month job, single (divorced) male aged 59, science Doctor, and looking to make friends and learn French. My interests include fishing, jogging, mountain biking, eating and drinking (all in a social and not competitive sense). Open to all suggestions!
Hi.

Welcome to BE. Hope you enjoy France.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

FrogAndChat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! Im a Scot who lived in Australia for 17 years, now marrying a French man. Been here a year and I am looking for work (isn't everyone?) and to learn the language better and make Ami's! So hi!!
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:09 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FrogAndChat
Hi everyone! Im a Scot who lived in Australia for 17 years, now marrying a French man. Been here a year and I am looking for work (isn't everyone?) and to learn the language better and make Ami's! So hi!!
Welcome to the forum, Its fun around here
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:35 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, what a small world (I think!). If the Avignon Festival and Anne-Laure's Theatre Troupe looking for accommodation this year rings a bell with you, then we've already "met"! I'm 'dmu' on this forum, too (which is helpful, dynamic, entertaining,...) - Welcome! Diana
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

FrogAndChat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, what a small world (I think!). If the Avignon Festival and Anne-Laure's Theatre Troupe looking for accommodation this year rings a bell with you, then we've already "met"! I'm 'dmu' on this forum, too (which is helpful, dynamic, entertaining,...) - Welcome! Diana
Yes! Hello how are you and how did your daughter get on?
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:41 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes! Hello how are you and how did your daughter get on?
The minute I saw Vedene on another thread I thought it might be you! Yes, she did well, thanks, full house every afternoon. Be "seeing" you!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:23 am
Just Joined

johninfrance1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

My name is John I have just retired to Narbonne, France. I just thought I would say hello. I have quite a lot of questions and will 'post' separately.

Many Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by johninfrance1955
Hello everyone,

My name is John I have just retired to Narbonne, France. I just thought I would say hello. I have quite a lot of questions and will 'post' separately.

Many Thanks
Welcome to the forum............
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:56 am
Just Joined

n123b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, been reading the forum and thought I'd sign up. I'm a student spending the year in France as part of my course in England, going to Grenoble Ecole de Management. Thought i'd see if there any places people recommend to go and things to do (obviously skiing!)
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to allEmmaB2 is a name known to all

Hi,

I've been lurking around the forum for some time now and thought it was time I said "Hi!"

Also wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks for all the great info I've picked up. I now know how totally unprepared I am to move to France Only joking!
Old Oct 12th 2009, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by EmmaB2
Hi,

I've been lurking around the forum for some time now and thought it was time I said "Hi!"

Also wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks for all the great info I've picked up. I now know how totally unprepared I am to move to France Only joking!
Welcome, If you were not unprepared it would not be an adventure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.