IGCSE

Old Sep 7th 2018, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

roolexi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IGCSE

I'm looking for recommendations for online study programmes with regular study plans and assessments to prepare for IGCE.s....feeling a little nervous tackling alone so looking for homework assignments weekly etc...anybody with any experience of distance learning /home schooling teenager.Any information appreciated thank you
Old Sep 7th 2018, 4:45 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IGCSE

Originally Posted by roolexi
I'm looking for recommendations for online study programmes with regular study plans and assessments to prepare for IGCE.s....feeling a little nervous tackling alone so looking for homework assignments weekly etc...anybody with any experience of distance learning /home schooling teenager.Any information appreciated thank you
Hi, are you in France and contemplating home schooling a teenager in English in preparation for exams, doing so outside of their French school hours? All well and good!
But if your child doesn't attend French school,
https://www.service-public.fr/partic...sdroits/F23429
indicates that home schooling is possible in France, and a declaration must be made to the Mairie and the "Dasen". The latter sends inspectors to check that the child is being taught the FRENCH curriculum adequately. This obviously doesn't work if the child is being taught the British curriculum.....
If you're resident in France, and your child doesn't attend French school, you should check at the Mairie whether you're legally allowed to do this.
Old Sep 7th 2018, 5:57 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

You know that there is an international school in Lyon? Part of the french education nationale - so a french state school but has a section Britannique. That might be worth investigating ( my daughter went to the one in Toulouse). Very highly thought of. https://www.csilyon.fr/en/visiteur/t...he-csi/1120-2/
A friend was a geography teacher at British E-School live secondary/primary e-lessons, for Home Educators worldwide BRITESCHOOL teaching GCSE and A levels. She had her gripes with the management but the teachers seemed to be of good standard. Students from all over the world.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

roolexi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we are in France ...my daughter just turned 16 and therefore legally need not be at school..thank you for that information DMU.She has been at school here in France but having had a pretty difficult year didn't get the results she needed to follow the "Filiere" she wanted. So we decided finally to concentrate on getting 3 further IGCSE before heading back to UK next year to start her A levels...

BRITESCHOOL looks interesting...although I am looking to cover the course in one year so not sure that is possible, but will have a look more closely..thank you