Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

I need some advice

I need some advice

Old Jul 26th 2005, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future
Question I need some advice

Hi,, im very confused

Can anyone tell me how the health care system works in France,we are looking to move there but my son has an ongoing condition so i need all the info i can get.
Thanks
Sonja
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all
Default Re: I need some advice

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hi,, im very confused

Can anyone tell me how the health care system works in France,we are looking to move there but my son has an ongoing condition so i need all the info i can get.
Thanks
Sonja

Before you leave you see if you can get a certificate that will entitle you to social security when you first arrive. If you're going to live and work here for a while, it's better to get registered with social security here. For this you or your partner need to be working in France. You can ask at work how to register. After that you may want to get private insurance (mutuelle) since the social security covers practically nothing. Work places normally have some programme which offer better packages than if you insured yourself directly. Ask if it's 'familiale' so if only one of you is working, the other (and your family) can also be covered. If you're not married, you should get a certificate of 'vie maritale' from the mairie which you can send for the social security and mutelle to get you both covered.

Last edited by proo; Jul 26th 2005 at 3:57 pm.