Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

I can't stand...

I can't stand...

Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I can't stand...

I can't stand French mobile phones where you have to buy units but they have a time limit 5€ for one week, 10€ for two etc. I've just lost 17€50 as oterwise I would have had to put more into the phone to pay for units I wouldn't use. It's a rip off.
Number 2 gripe. Sarkozy wanting to tax internet use. Please, I am already paying through the nose for a service that drives me and my friends to the edge of a nervous breakdown it is so bad. Why do we have to wait until 2010 for a decent line when India sorted all this out at the beginning of the century?
gosh, I could really get going here. Don't get me started on France telecom.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:41 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

lol

Well remember when lived in River Lot Valley at Anglars-Juillac when a storm came it knocked everything out and especially the internet connection - sometimes for, can you believe 10 DAYS.

And they (the storms) came twice a week quite often - in fact, the storms came a damned sight more often than the France Telecom blokes EVER did. I think, in the end, they just gave up entirely on June and July (storm season) and of course on hols in August so it was entirely possible to be internet-less for 3 months.

Still prefer it to here though ..................
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

bloody cricket on Radio 4 longwave during the summer
I know I can listen to it online, but sometimes it's just nice to take the radio into the garden and listen outside:curse:
Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:59 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by val50
bloody cricket on Radio 4 longwave during the summer
I know I can listen to it online, but sometimes it's just nice to take the radio into the garden and listen outside:curse:
Little gangs on forums
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

I cant stand...
Bad manners
Ignorance
sarcasm
Unfriendly people
and Horrid people who have such bad lives and are so unhappy that the only way they can get pleasure is to make someone else sad.
oh and feeling lonely
OH working so blinking hard -
Parents who still think you are 9 ( my dad is sooo annoying with this )

Not being able to drive
People on Karaoke who take themselves soooo seriously even though its all a bit of fun and they're tone deaf ( i used to run a karaoke and Discos)
and lots lots more.. might be a shorter list to find out what people like

PJ
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:16 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=paulajayne;6564848]I cant stand...
Bad manners
Ignorance
sarcasm
Unfriendly people
and Horrid people who have such bad lives and are so unhappy that the only way they can get pleasure is to make someone else sad.
oh and feeling lonely

Not being able to drive
People on Karaoke who take themselves soooo seriously even though its all a bit of fun and they're tone deaf ( i used to run a karaoke and Discos)

PJ[/QUOT

The short list.
LIFE.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=stanage2;6564856]
Originally Posted by paulajayne
I cant stand...
Bad manners
Ignorance
sarcasm
Unfriendly people
oh and feeling lonely

Not being able to drive

PJ[/QUOT

The short list.
LIFE.
No I Love Life - I love my life, and I love all the Friends that i have found on here just cant stand petty ignorant people who if they have nothing constructive to contribute should just really not bother saying/doing anything
Old Jul 12th 2008, 10:02 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=paulajayne;6564954]
Originally Posted by stanage2

No I Love Life - I love my life, and I love all the Friends that i have found on here just cant stand petty ignorant people who if they have nothing constructive to contribute should just really not bother saying/doing anything
You ask for a list of likes that may be shorter.
And i said life
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:16 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

suffering
Old Jul 13th 2008, 5:28 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
suffering
I enjoy it until I have to use the safe word.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:43 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tres, is that YOU suffering or you can't stand other people suffering?

With regard to LIFE, yep, sometimes not too bad, if one considers the alternative but it can be a bitch sometimes.

Remember a saying a friend had: "Life's a bitch, and then you die".

Parts of my life I could have changed that into:

"Life's a bitch and then you LIVE"

I have divided my life into two parts: the bit before I was 50, which was "a bitch" and now this bit, which I am hoping will go better.

Remember Tom Cruise in Top Gun, with old Blondie with the Teeth, (never remember her name) when he met her, saying he crashed and burned on the first pass, but the second was "looking good so far".

Sums up my life really.

A
x
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Yep , have to agree the second half of my life's better than the first, but what a lot of useful lessons I learned and, er, I'm still learning.....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:57 am
Grey Bombshell

Brenda I SO agree - and looking back sometimes I think "How did I get through that?" but one DOES and moves on, and all that stuff makes one what one IS and I am just grateful to still be here I suppose, and have the chance to make the second half of this life worth a bit more than the first.

But I have tried to learn lessons from every experience, good or bad, and even those bad ones have taught me lots and made me what I am and to be honest, have made me the person that my other half loves, despite all the faults, hang-ups, dodgy sense of humour, mouth the size of Portsmouth Harbour sometimes, inability to do "subtle" on occasions, and poor long-suffering bloke loves me anyway, so he must be special!

Oh, and I can't stand WAITING.

Waiting for the bloody BANK to ring at 11.00 am (it is now midday and I need to go OUT)
Waiting for this flat to exchange - only 9 days to go but the nearer it comes, the more frazzled I feel
Waiting for my parcel to arrive from Laura Ashley and alternating between excitement and guilt - I should NOT have bought it!
Waiting in traffic whilst some moron decides whether Left or Right is more appealing, then decides to go straight on anyway

That'll do - where's the Jack Daniels?

Good day to all
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:11 am
Grey Bombshell

Got another one now, on a roll, so prepare yourselves for a roller-coaster day on here:

I can't stand:

ERNIE that dratted Premium Bond Computer Thing, that, in the days when computers are supposed to have artificial intelligence, cannot work out for itself that people with £30,000 worth don't NEED to win the big prizes, it's the poor folk with their last £1000 living in hope from month to month that DO!

Going to search Ebay for a cheap Straitjacket now ...............
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Going to search Ebay for a cheap Straitjacket now ...............[/QUOTE]

Ebay have informed me that it's now easier to buy everything internationally
Keep taking the tablets. This too shall pass.
Lucky you having such a loving man in your life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.