Reload this Page >

Huelgoat...Worth buying here?

Huelgoat...Worth buying here?

Old Sep 14th 2009, 12:27 am
Just Joined

gailgiggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Huelgoat...Worth buying here?

Hello,

I am looking to buy a property in Brittany and will be visiting for ten days in October, viewing houses and narrowing down areas. Many of the houses I am interested in are in or around Huelgoat.

Prices of property vary dramtically depending on works to be completed and I can spend up to 100,000 euros (including all works).

The property will primarily be a holiday home for my very spread out family and if I am to spend the higher end of the budget then I will need to rent out as a holiday let some of the year ...(groan)... and as with everything in life ..... I naturally like all the more expensive properties! Therefore...can anyone help me with information on how fierce the rental market is in this area...whether I am likely to meet my financial need to rent out and if anyone has renovated a property here and their general experience of ease.

Thanks to all thiose viewing...

Any thoughts appreciated

Gail
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:19 am
Banned

LindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really nice
Default Re: Huelgoat...Worth buying here?

Originally Posted by gailgiggle
Hello,

I am looking to buy a property in Brittany and will be visiting for ten days in October, viewing houses and narrowing down areas. Many of the houses I am interested in are in or around Huelgoat.

Prices of property vary dramtically depending on works to be completed and I can spend up to 100,000 euros (including all works).

The property will primarily be a holiday home for my very spread out family and if I am to spend the higher end of the budget then I will need to rent out as a holiday let some of the year ...(groan)... and as with everything in life ..... I naturally like all the more expensive properties! Therefore...can anyone help me with information on how fierce the rental market is in this area...whether I am likely to meet my financial need to rent out and if anyone has renovated a property here and their general experience of ease.

Thanks to all thiose viewing...

Any thoughts appreciated

Gail
Brittany is very popular with renters, but it is also snowed under with Brits with empty properties which they have difficulty renting out. The market is very fierce, and you are likely to only get rentals in July / August, which may be when you want it yourself. Don't underestimate the cost of renovations, either. You are unlikely to get builders to work for less than 20-30 euros an hour, and even unskilled labour won't be much less.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

katana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Huelgoat...Worth buying here?

Quite true,a lot of people think it won't cost much to renovate a house because they've bought it cheap.Sometimes the renovations cost more than the house did & it probably won't increase that much when it's finished.That's why you don't find proprty developers in France.
Make sure you look for the obvious when viewing,such as electric sockets & insulation & a Fosse if it's not in a town.