Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

How do I reschedule my appointment for my Titre de Sejour??

How do I reschedule my appointment for my Titre de Sejour??

Old Sep 10th 2021, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Hounddogman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I reschedule my appointment for my Titre de Sejour??

I applied back in June for a Titre de Séjour. Today I got the email asking me to the prefecture for the finalisation rdv (I'm in Nice so Alpes-Maritimes). It arrived as I was on my way to Manchester for the Test! Unfortunately on the date they propose (in two weeks time) I won't be in France. Who do I contact to get this rescheduled?
Old Sep 11th 2021, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I reschedule my appointment for my Titre de Sejour??

You need to contact your prefecture, where the appointment is.

I can't quite believe I'm saying this but I think you should join the WA carte de séjour facebook page. I am not a lover of fessbook, in fact I despise it, BUT there will almost certainly be somebody in that group who is under the same prefecture as you and has been in your situation. All prefectures do things differently so you need to know how Nice does things. With luck you will find a thread that tells you their policy and gives you the contact email/phone number to get in touch. Most prefectures will reschedule appointments but from what people have reported there are some that won't, if you don't turn up they put your dossier in the bin and tell you to reapply. However there are support groups who will help you if your prefecture isn't cooperative and again the details are on the fessbook page. At this late stage you can't really afford to get it wrong.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for this. I was a little unclear in my OP, what I meant was: 'Who do I contact in the Nice prefecture? There is a speciific FB page for UK citizens in Alpes-Maritimes, most of the current postings are about various aspects of the cds process, so I've asked there. I'll probably end up sending a lettre recommandée.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

OK fair enough.
Again, see what the peeps of Nice advise - email works best with some prefectures (mine, for example) and others never answer emails at all.
Aren't you supposed to actually have your mitts on a valid CdS before 1st October? I would be inclined to try quicker clmmunication methods before / as well as an LAR, like phone or email or it might get a bit complicated next time you enter France if it's after the cut off date for holding WA RPs and you don't have one. But I'm sure you don't need that pointing out.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

I think the deadline of Oct 1st is for applications, there are quite a few people on the A-M group who haven't got their cards yet and others still waiting for RDVs. Travelling to France before I get the card will be covered I think by the standard '90 days in six months' standard arrangements for Schengen. The advantage of the lettre recommandée, as I have found in my dealings with the tax people, is that there is a record of actual delivery being signed for so they can't claim not to have received it. My experience in doing this online through La Poste is that they are delivered within a day or so at most. I'll probably use that and email as well.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://contacts-demarches.interieur...-titre-sejour/

A partir de quand le titre de séjour sera-t-il obligatoire ?
Les ressortissants britanniques résidant en France ou venant s'y installer avant le 31 décembre 2020 devaient obligatoirement effectuer leur demande de titre de séjour en ligne sur ce site avant le 1er juillet 2021. Toutefois, les personnes n’ayant pas pu déposer leur demande de titre de séjour dans les délais impartis pourront encore accomplir cette démarche jusqu’au 30 septembre 2021, ce site demeurant ouvert jusqu’à cette date.La possession d'un titre de séjour sera obligatoire à compter du 1er octobre 2021 pour toute personne âgée de plus de 18 ans. Jusqu’à cette date, vos droits en matière de séjour, d’activité professionnelle ainsi que l’intégralité de vos droits sociaux seront maintenus.

It will all come out in the wash, but technically there will be a period between 1 Oct and the date you actually get your card when your rights are not protected, and your passport will be stamped on entry. Unless you're working in France or claiming benefits or something, a short break in your rights shouldn't matter.

And I have no idea why my post is so big. I'm not shouting, it's just how it came out.