Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Homesick in France! Help

Homesick in France! Help

Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick in France! Help

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Hello, hello, hello ...what's all this then? It's no colder in the GTA than it is in Halifax val. Stop spreading scurrilous rumours.

hi PJ. I wonder what you mean by a "provisional yes"? I hope you mean more than just passing the points thing, because you might be in for a long wait if you're just now applying on the Skilled Worker Programme. Give me a shout if you need any info.
Hi Novo,
you mean you don't have to wear tights to work and dig through 20ft of snow to get the car out of the garage
Don't forget, if PJ is applying from France, applications are processed a lot quicker. Took my OH just 7 months to get PR. Also cheaper than applying from UK. I honestly don't understand why more people in UK don't move to France for the minimum 2 years required, and then apply to go to Canada, it's still a heck of a lot quicker than doing it from UK.
PJ - sorry but have to ask - why would you want to move to Canada and which part are you considering.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Hello, hello, hello ...what's all this then? It's no colder in the GTA than it is in Halifax val. Stop spreading scurrilous rumours.

hi PJ. I wonder what you mean by a "provisional yes"? I hope you mean more than just passing the points thing, because you might be in for a long wait if you're just now applying on the Skilled Worker Programme. Give me a shout if you need any info.
Hi Novo
We are applying via a solicitor, so i'm not actually sure what stage we at - but we know that theres going to be a wait, that actually works well for us cos im not quite ready to brave the cold just yet plus we not even sure on the part of Canada that we want to go, have a couple of ideas though - somewhere around Georgina area on lake simcoe but are still gathering info

We want to be on a lake but close enough to Toronto so Jonathan can get to work, and a school that we can get to

PJ
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by val50
Hi Novo,
you mean you don't have to wear tights to work and dig through 20ft of snow to get the car out of the garage
Don't forget, if PJ is applying from France, applications are processed a lot quicker. Took my OH just 7 months to get PR. Also cheaper than applying from UK. I honestly don't understand why more people in UK don't move to France for the minimum 2 years required, and then apply to go to Canada, it's still a heck of a lot quicker than doing it from UK.
PJ - sorry but have to ask - why would you want to move to Canada and which part are you considering.
Jonathan fell in love with Canada and its a lot easier for him work wise as its a shorter flight to miami from Canada than from Paris so he wouldn't need to work as hard, and be away as much, as to the Area - Georgina - Lake Simcoe area - we think probably got a long wait as Novo said so plenty of time to look at areas in more details

PJ
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50;
Hi Novo,
You have garages?

Don't forget, if PJ is applying from France, applications are processed a lot quicker. Took my OH just 7 months to get PR. Also cheaper than applying from UK.
Good point. I have no idea how long it takes from France these days... I applied from Germany last time and that was quick (~6 months) but I had arranged employment and it was a long time ago...

Originally Posted by paulajayne;
Jonathan fell in love with Canada and its a lot easier for him work wise as its a shorter flight to miami from Canada than from Paris so he wouldn't need to work as hard, and be away as much, as to the Area - Georgina - Lake Simcoe area - we think probably got a long wait as Novo said so plenty of time to look at areas in more details

PJ
That's just a bit further north (perhaps 30 minutes) from where I am in RH. I can help with any info on the area you might need. Good luck with everything.

Novo.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's just a bit further north (perhaps 30 minutes) from where I am in RH. I can help with any info on the area you might need. Good luck with everything.

Novo.[/QUOTE]
Employment wise - Jonathan is self employed with substantial contracts with Cruise lines so no problem regarding jobs - and I can just lol around taking pictures ( no change there then! ) also im a trained Forensic Scientist so if i did want a job at least im not unskilled
So if you live close by what is the area we looking at like - we've only looked at properties in the area not visited yet so would love some insight into the area - schools and such
love pj
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:27 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulajayne;
Employment wise - Jonathan is self employed with substantial contracts with Cruise lines so no problem regarding jobs - and I can just lol around taking pictures ( no change there then! ) also im a trained Forensic Scientist so if i did want a job at least im not unskilled
So if you live close by what is the area we looking at like - we've only looked at properties in the area not visited yet so would love some insight into the area - schools and such
love pj
http://www.yrdsb.edu.on.ca/page.cfm?id=S00000005&t=3

Gives the locations of the schools in the region. Georgina is quite pretty in an unspectacular sort of way, mostly rural with some smallish towns. It's a do-able commute from Toronto, so there's a lot of new builds going on.

Come over to the Canada forum and ask more there.... there are several regular posters from the area. A word of warning, not everybody is quite so polite in that forum as everybody is in this one. I, of course, am an exception.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

A word of warning, not everybody is quite so polite in that forum as everybody is in this one. I, of course, am an exception. [/QUOTE]

Have just nominated that as the BE understatement of the year
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:28 pm
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future

http://www.yrdsb.edu.on.ca/page.cfm?id=S00000005&t=3

Gives the locations of the schools in the region. Georgina is quite pretty in an unspectacular sort of way, mostly rural with some smallish towns. It's a do-able commute from Toronto, so there's a lot of new builds going on.

Come over to the Canada forum and ask more there.... there are several regular posters from the area. A word of warning, not everybody is quite so polite in that forum as everybody is in this one. I, of course, am an exception.

Are you a member of a brass band?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:09 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by septimus
Are you a member of a brass band?
Eh? Are you a stand up comic?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:10 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Eh? Are you a stand up comic?
A bad one
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:53 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
A bad one
They follow me everywhere.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:27 am
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future

They follow me everywhere.
Make the best of it,
I could come from lazy town.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:35 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by septimus
Make the best of it,
I could come from lazy town.
No...! Confusion Town for you.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Reggi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Homesick in France! Help

Hi, Im new to all of this, but Id like to say when I moved to bretagne on my own with 2 children(4yrs ago),I too felt like giving it up. I perservered and am now loving it. The only thing I felt I was missing was someone to share my achievements with, untill fairly recent. I found a site called <Snip re rule 9.> and met a wonderful man on there (also an expat). We,ve been in a relationship for 18months now and life is fantastic. Im so glad I never gave up and went home.Look at what I would have missed uot on if I had!!!

Last edited by jdr; Mar 30th 2008 at 9:01 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi there,
welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing that
Glad to hear things worked out well for you.
Sure you must have lots more to share.
How old are your children? If they are school age - how did they settle in?
Sure others thinking of making the move would like to know more

Originally Posted by Reggi
Hi, Im new to all of this, but Id like to say when I moved to bretagne on my own with 2 children(4yrs ago),I too felt like giving it up. I perservered and am now loving it. The only thing I felt I was missing was someone to share my achievements with, untill fairly recent. I found a site called snip and met a wonderful man on there (also an expat). We,ve been in a relationship for 18months now and life is fantastic. Im so glad I never gave up and went home.Look at what I would have missed uot on if I had!!!

Last edited by jdr; Mar 30th 2008 at 9:02 pm. Reason: promotional site in quote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.