Good movies

Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good movies

American History X is a good one. Edward Norton is a good actor (thought he was great in Fight Club).
I think I saw Guy Pearce years ago in one called Time Machine, which wasn't a bad film.

Cheers Stu.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:34 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Burn after Reading is really good, I think it helps to see not knowing who the cast are/is.

The two worst films I have seen lately are Be Kind Rewind and Mama Mia a pair of poo's that hopefully find the same toilet. I find it hard to believe that Mama Mia is the biggest selling film that people keep claiming. Someone is telling porkies. Bad Acting Bad Singing just a pile of poo.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:06 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

'Burn After Reading' is on my list. It looks pretty funny from what I've seen. I actually liked Mama Mia. I don't think it's meant to be anything other than a feelgood film. It brought a smile or two to my chops, so for me - it did what it was meant to do!

Chacun a son gout! as they say 'round these parts.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Another film I saw recently was Frost Nixon. The guy playing Frost has been getting big plaudits recently but I didn't like him. The bloke playing Nixon got on my nerves too.
I just kept thinking of a very camp Rik Mayall interviewing Brezhnev cause that's who they both looked like.
Great interaction between the two howver and worth a watch, as is W, in which Colin Powell comes over as a complete spineless idiot. All through the film he is against the war but then when he needs to stand his ground you get the speech "proving" WMD's existed.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:30 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just nicked this from the ME forum.
Dunno what you think to it.
100 movies to see before you die.
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/100-...e-you-die.html

Last edited by Cleri; Apr 12th 2009 at 4:33 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

The whole credibility of that list is ruined in one word. Titanic!! A Night to Remember was far better and far more accurate. Some good films on there but some dreadful pap too LOL!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
The whole credibility of that list is ruined in one word. Titanic!! A Night to Remember was far better and far more accurate. Some good films on there but some dreadful pap too LOL!
..I didn't even read the list
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:40 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. Titanic was dreadful, then again - I enjoyed Mama Mia, so what do I know?

Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:43 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Yeah. Titanic was dreadful, then again - I enjoyed Mama Mia, so what do I know?

At the time Titanic was Ground breaking in the effects area, Although comparing it to say Poseidon the set work was weak. There is one scene in Titanic that really lets it down when Jack and whats her name are running from a mass of water in a corridor with out pausing the film you can see that they have superimposed the faces on stunt doubles.

Then I move on to Mama Mia (Argh) Very poor acting it's like the cast were thinking about another project whilst filming. Take Moulin Rouge thats a good musical the cast really fit what they are singing about and it flows very well. Chicago is better as well. If Mama Mia is a feel good film I want my money back because I did not feel good afterwards. I suspect a lot of their budget went in to bribing Film Critics. If I want a feel good film I watch Bridget Jones saga heck I would feel better after watching We Were Soldiers or Band of Brothers.

This is all tainted by the fact that Grease is on in the background..
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

Its about to be released and would love to see it,just because i when i watched Borat with Sacha Baron Cohen.
The new film is Bruno the character is a Austrien gay fashion victim see youtube or msn movies for a trailer..
not for all but if you enjoy a laugh in a strange way ....watch it
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Pan's labyrinth is one I watched for a second time recently; really enjoyed it. Couple of month's back I watched Shawshank Redemption (haven't seen it for years!!), and forgot what a gem this one is.

I watched Borat in France Nibbler. The infamous nude wrestling scene had the whole cinema in hysterics.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was crying with laughter at that scene. Tears down my face.

Want a good feelgood film? You will have to search for it, but it's worth it, Wonderous Oblivion. A sort of Ptang Yang Kipperbang feelgood film.

A young Jewish lad in London in the sixties, loves cricket but is useless at it. He befriends his new West Indian neighbours who teach him the game. You don't have to like cricket to love this independant British film of about four years back.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:47 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still reeling from finding English TV so abysmal I was reduced to watching a DVD of Killer Tomatoes Eat France .............

Luckily I did find an old DVD of Meet Joe Black that fell out of one of the boxes the other day - must be the only woman alive who doesn't fancy Brad Pit but he does seem to be in good films - was he the one in Seven?

Another one that was good was The Assassin, with a French actor in it, can't remember his name, but he played a cleaner, it was brilliant. Can't remember who the "totty" was, but she was quite good too.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea50
I'm still reeling from finding English TV so abysmal I was reduced to watching a DVD of Killer Tomatoes Eat France .............

Luckily I did find an old DVD of Meet Joe Black that fell out of one of the boxes the other day - must be the only woman alive who doesn't fancy Brad Pit but he does seem to be in good films - was he the one in Seven?

Another one that was good was The Assassin, with a French actor in it, can't remember his name, but he played a cleaner, it was brilliant. Can't remember who the "totty" was, but she was quite good too.
I hear ya
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

There was Harvey Keitel played Victor the Cleaner in Point of No Return aka The Assassin. The totty was Olivia D'abo in that. I thought at first you meant Leon with the excellent Jean Reno.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.