Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Full Private Health Insurance Cost?

Full Private Health Insurance Cost?

Old Sep 15th 2010, 10:28 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Full Private Health Insurance Cost?

Originally Posted by nula
Is that a yup for per visit or for per month?
Monthly, Miles away
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

per month

as the previous respondents say, it really depends on the cover you want.. we chose one with lots of optical cover and orthodontic cover as we all wear glasses and the kids were obviously going to need braces, so we pay 168 per month for our family of 4; single, younger colleagues pay as little as 30-40 euros per month
Old Sep 15th 2010, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

nula is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, everyone!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
Secondly, if you come to France but are still employed by a uk employer who pays NI in the uk from your wages, you will first of all need to be issued with an E101 by them. This is renewable annually and after 3 years will become an E106; but 'a working person's' E106. Again this has to be renewed annually by your employer.
Sorry but this is incorrect.

You have no need of an E101 and assuming you qualify by virtue of your NI record HMRC will issue you with a workers E106 immediately. Below is a link to the application form which you personally, and alone, complete and submit.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/ca8454.pdf

A workers E106 is renewable annually on it's anniversary by resubmitting the exact same form.

Other than stating who your employer is they have no other involvement in this process.

I know this as fact because I have been in receipt of a workers E106 for the past 4 years

Regarding a UK pension, regardless of how long you have been living outside the UK if you have in the past made a minimum of 9 years worth of qualifying contributions then you will be entitled to a pension of 1/4 of the full amount and the fact that you are entitled to and in receipt of that pension will entitle you to an E121 which will provide your health cover in France.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Having looked at the form I think I can see where the difference of opinion arises.

This form is if you are resident in France, employed by a UK employer working in the uk, with dependents in France.

My husband is resident in France, does work for several uk employers and is paid into a UK bank account but does not necessarily work in the uk. For this reason I will state again that IN OUR SITUATION, which is complex, HMRC has refused to accept a personal application for an E106 and told my husband on 31st august this year that his EMPLOYERs must apply for the form, not him as he requested. He began on an E101, then passed to an E106

Last edited by dennerlymum; Sep 18th 2010 at 6:23 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

This form is if you are resident in France, employed by a UK employer working in the uk, with dependants in France.
Yes, however for total clarity whether you have dependants or not is of no consequence, an E106 - workers or normal - can equally be issued to a single applicant who is French resident but with no dependants, or you can have dependants but chose not to include them.

I will state again that IN OUR SITUATION, which is complex......
I appreciate that your personal situation is unusual, unique even, but with respect you did not qualify your statement with that which is why I felt it necessary to post a correction
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

What exactly does the 30% cover aside from glasses and dentist please?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:27 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by labus
What exactly does the 30% cover aside from glasses and dentist please?
Not quite sure what you mean.
Without a Mutuelle, you are only reimbursed about 70% for consultations and pharmacie (depending on the medicines, some aren't reimbursed at all now).
Glasses and dentistry are a different matter. The consultations with the ophthalmologist and dentist are reimbursed about 70%, but the Social Security reimburses peanuts for glasses and false teeth, crowns, etc... A high-premium Mutuelle is necessary to cover a decent reimbursement for them.
P.S. to DennerleyMum. As a matter of interest, what is the percentage that your Mutuelle reimburses for adult dental work and glasses? (I believe children up to 16 have 100% cover, or maybe things have changed since mine were young!)
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think glasses are only covered up to a certain sum now; certainly every pair of glasses my kids have had made have necessitated a call to the mutuelle to ensure I don't have to pay anything. Also not all dental care is covered; there is a completely reimbursed visit at 6, 12 and 18 but anything in between is only partially covered and topped up by the mutuelle.
I could of course be completely incorrect in my understanding of this and im and err like to regularly point out!:

If I read my carte blanche correctly ,I am covered 100% for everything

Last edited by dennerlymum; Sep 22nd 2010 at 7:00 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dmu
Not quite sure what you mean.
Without a Mutuelle, you are only reimbursed about 70% for consultations and pharmacie (depending on the medicines, some aren't reimbursed at all now).
Glasses and dentistry are a different matter. The consultations with the ophthalmologist and dentist are reimbursed about 70%, but the Social Security reimburses peanuts for glasses and false teeth, crowns, etc... A high-premium Mutuelle is necessary to cover a decent reimbursement for them.
P.S. to DennerleyMum. As a matter of interest, what is the percentage that your Mutuelle reimburses for adult dental work and glasses? (I believe children up to 16 have 100% cover, or maybe things have changed since mine were young!)
Now I got it. The patient pays in fool and then gets reimbursed 70%.
I thought 70% was the range of services it covers.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:17 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by labus
Now I got it. The patient pays in fool and then gets reimbursed 70%.
I thought 70% was the range of services it covers.
You've got it right - Pay first, get reimbursed afterwards!
There are occasions where healthcare is free - if you are on CMU, have a heart conditions, cancer, etc.... or are pregnant...
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

Diabetes is also 100% covered by the Card Vitale. I have just had to pick up a couple of injections today for a touch of cancer that would have cost 600 euros but that was all free too.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wetwang
Diabetes is also 100% covered by the Card Vitale. I have just had to pick up a couple of injections today for a touch of cancer that would have cost 600 euros but that was all free too.
Good luck to beat the illness.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

Thanks for the thought.
I much prefer being ill in France. Its like an upgrade to Club Class
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Take care of yourself wetwang; though I am glad you are enjoying your French healthcare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.