Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

French TV being upgraded this year?

French TV being upgraded this year?

Old Jan 27th 2010, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French TV being upgraded this year?

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Use the wall, The wall brackets work a treat and all the modern tv`s have pretty standard holes on the back for wall mounting systems. However dont get fooled into thinking you have to mount the tv where a picture goes like they do on make over shows "bloody idiots". A picture is hung on the wall at a height that is best viewed when standing or viewed seated from a fair old distance more suited to galleries, Designers that really lack in common sense started putting televisions at the same height, Im guessing to bring on some form of whiplash.
It's just turned up... The delivery guy was peeved that I made him wait whilst I checked the packaging contents very quickly, but last time I didn't check an order properly I got screwed and ended up paying twice for an item because I'd already signed for it, and had taken the delivery guys at their word when they told me how many boxes they'd brought into the apartment.
I did think about wall mounting it (got a drill and all the bits and pieces for my birthday - that's the sort of present where you know you're getting old!), but I'm not sure I want to obliterate the wall. I always liked the marble fireplace as the centre piece of the room, but now the TV rules... well it's not too bad, at only 32" it's not a beast of a TV... In fact I think I could have got away with 37".
I am thinking having it at a reasonable chest height might pay dividends, because once the wii arrives, I guess I will be standing up to play. Am just off to DARTY to get a wireless box, as the plugs are in the bedroom.

Any good French TV programs I should keep an eye out for?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French TV being upgraded this year?

Have a query before I take it to DARTY... Managed to get the stations tuned in, and hooked it up via the HDMI cable... On the standard channels its generally fine, but every so often you get a little pixellation and a 'blip' sound, like the old days of SKY when the signal wasn't always constant. When I select an HD channel like TF1 HD, I can sometimes get a picture for a few seconds, but the signal is so bad it often goes blank, or extremely blocky, and the sound is intermittent.