Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

French Car Going To Spain

Wikiposts

French Car Going To Spain

Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of
Default Re: French Car Going To Spain

In my personal experience for the most part UK LHD dealers are woefully ignorant on the subject of registering cars in other countries and rely on the purchaser being aware of what's required wherever they are taking a purchase.

There are no official procedures or forms to fill in if exporting a car from France but UK registering it before exporting will override all the potential problems mentioned.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

....or you could just use the Santander ferry and miss out France altogether.
Pete
Old Mar 16th 2013, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Garonne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud of

Sorry I didn't post this in the beginning All I can tell you is that in 2004 I bought a French car so wanted to give my French registered UK vehicle to my sister who lived in Spain. She got the bus to me and spent a week here, and then drove it back to Spain. She was insured to drive it under my insurance policy. She couldn't register it any which way in Spain without massive further, very complicated and expensive implications which was about 100 times worse than converting a UK vehicle onto French plates (which is bad enough). She desperately needed the vehicle, is fluent Spanish speaking so there was no way she didn't try everthing. We bought the car back to France. So if I were you I'd post on some Spanish forums such as expatforum.com to see what people with French registrations do in Spain to reregister a French vehicle and don't really see the relevance of all the posts on here about bringing a Fr vehicle back from UK to Fr - it's the Spanish aspect you need expert advice on once you get to Spain. The advice about it being road legal is all good but I think you'll hit mega probs in Spain.