Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Finding a long term let in the alps

Finding a long term let in the alps

Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

janeyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nice
Default Finding a long term let in the alps

Hi folks - I'm planning on moving to the alps and have been looking at places within about an hour from Geneva Airport, e.g. Annecy... and further to the East, e.g. Morzine, Les Gets etc. Don't really mind, as long as there are slopes and good views!

Trouble is, I can't seem to find any long term (12 month) rentals. Everything online is seasons / skiing short term. Maybe it's a case of finding local residential lettings in the local newspaper.

My French is hopeless - I plan to learn intensively when I arrive. So I'm a bit stuck as to how to make a shortlist of potential properties to rent, before going over to do some viewings.

Any ideas gratefully received!

thanks
Jane.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:56 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finding a long term let in the alps

Originally Posted by janeyoung
Hi folks - I'm planning on moving to the alps and have been looking at places within about an hour from Geneva Airport, e.g. Annecy... and further to the East, e.g. Morzine, Les Gets etc. Don't really mind, as long as there are slopes and good views!

Trouble is, I can't seem to find any long term (12 month) rentals. Everything online is seasons / skiing short term. Maybe it's a case of finding local residential lettings in the local newspaper.

My French is hopeless - I plan to learn intensively when I arrive. So I'm a bit stuck as to how to make a shortlist of potential properties to rent, before going over to do some viewings.

Any ideas gratefully received!

thanks
Jane.
Welcome to the Forum, The only site I have come across for long term let but not permanent is this one. It can be pretty tough finding them if your not fixed down in France already.
http://www.rentaplaceinfrance.com/ht...ty_search.html
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:49 am
Just Joined

janeyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Welcome to the Forum, The only site I have come across for long term let but not permanent is this one. It can be pretty tough finding them if your not fixed down in France already.
http://www.rentaplaceinfrance.com/ht...ty_search.html
Thanks for the link. Do you think most long term lets are just advertised in local newspapers?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:04 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link. Do you think most long term lets are just advertised in local newspapers?
You find them in Immobiliers "Estate Agents" But you usually find it hard work to find reasonably priced ones in the touristy areas. As obviously people make a lot more by week on week rentals. For us it's more than double.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Ced73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bonjour Jane, What you need is this website to find a long term rental place:

http://www.paruvendu.fr/immobilier/a...a=FR&lo=74&p=2

"Paru Vendu" is what you need, I rented a house on here in the past and I sold my previous house here as well.

If you need any help for translation, or advise about where to live, please let me know, I am from the area. Enjoy the Haute Savoie !

Cedric
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Rural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ced73
Bonjour Jane, What you need is this website to find a long term rental place:

http://www.paruvendu.fr/immobilier/a...a=FR&lo=74&p=2

"Paru Vendu" is what you need, I rented a house on here in the past and I sold my previous house here as well.

If you need any help for translation, or advise about where to live, please let me know, I am from the area. Enjoy the Haute Savoie !

Cedric
I had a similar problem when I was looking to rent long term this time last year. And my search was even harder as had 3 dogs. Eventually ended up renting a holiday apartment on a weekly rent and luckily found a spot to buy within a few weeks and they sellers let me rent it until deal went through.

I am near Courchevel now and there are a few apartments still to rent a little lower down in the valley.