Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Exam Phsychologique

Exam Phsychologique

Old Dec 6th 2014, 11:33 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exam Phsychologique

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise

I live in the USA now and the french education that my kids had has stood them in good stead here. The way the french educated kids are forced to learn things means that they can do it, all that college/lycee homework has instilled great study habits.
xxx
Yes, I too find that the study/homework indoctrination of France has stood my son in good stead in Canada. His English when we came here though was dreadful, better by far than his classmates or the teachers, but still pretty bad...getting better now.

OP one of my son's friends in 5eme had this test as she was a very bright kid and she moved up a year....which might not be good for every kid, but this child was much happier and more stimulated.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exam Phsychologique

I would do it too. I have seen too many really able children struggle because they were not stretched enough or had problems with attention. dyslexia or dispraxia.

Only ever having had a daughter in the French university I can't speak from experience about French schools. However if the school is concerned and willing to help then all the more reason to go ahead with the assessment.

I was an advisor in Special Ed back when and I knew that our grandson was superbright but was always in trouble for misbehaving and not paying attention. I was worried for a while that he was on the autistic spectrum. It wasn't until he spent some years in the USA that a full assessment (something he was never offered in the UK) showed that he has ADHD and an extremely high IQ. We were all sceptical as we know the frequency of such pronouncements in America.

They proved to be absolutely correct and once he was stabilised with mild medication and some CBT he has flown accademically. Now at school in Germany he is in maths and science classes a year ahead of his age and is still an A student.