Euro Star

Old Feb 28th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Euro Star

Has anyone had experience of travel from St Pancras to Poitiers via Lille and return to Paris
We can't get full info on fares etc from BR Web site.

we want to travel from london on june 6th and return to Paris on June 30th
Gratefulfor any tis.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 7:33 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro Star

Originally Posted by Wellington,
Has anyone had experience of travel from St Pancras to Poitiers via Lille and return to Paris
We can't get full info on fares etc from BR Web site.

we want to travel from london on june 6th and return to Paris on June 30th
Gratefulfor any tis.
Go on the www.voyages-sncf.com website, which will tell you all.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Go on the www.voyages-sncf.com website, which will tell you all.
Thanks
any experiences though?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 8:17 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wellington,
Thanks
any experiences though?
No, I always go via Paris (to see family) and change at Ashford (likewise), but I think other members have passed through Lille to get to Bordeaux...
Old Feb 28th 2009, 8:22 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ooops, sorry, I've just re-read your first post. No problem passing through Paris on your way back, there's a direct Métro (ligne 4) from Gare Montparnasse to the Gare du Nord.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

That or jump in a taxi outside.

My experiences were that the trip itself is superb, comfortable, and very easy with no luggage restrictions.

The company I dealt with, eurorail are nothing but a bunch of couldn't care less about the customer spivs. They cock up my ticket, I have to rebuy at higher price, they eventually pay back SOME of the cost of the new ticket and give me a ten pound voucher for next time I use their service as compensation for being out of pocket and stressed out beyond belief. They then refuse to answer or acknowledge letters and that includes two to the top man. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. If there is one lie or mistruth there let em sue me.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:26 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
That or jump in a taxi outside.

My experiences were that the trip itself is superb, comfortable, and very easy with no luggage restrictions.

The company I dealt with, eurorail are nothing but a bunch of couldn't care less about the customer spivs. They cock up my ticket, I have to rebuy at higher price, they eventually pay back SOME of the cost of the new ticket and give me a ten pound voucher for next time I use their service as compensation for being out of pocket and stressed out beyond belief. They then refuse to answer or acknowledge letters and that includes two to the top man. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. If there is one lie or mistruth there let em sue me.
I remember that well! We both had problems after the fire in the Eurotunnel, n'est-ce pas? (but you worse than me).
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

I got a response from the Chairman today, blaming the post for me not receiving the acknowledgement so take that on face value.

He was very apologetic and has offered another fifty quid or fifty four euros so I will just take that and move on.

Have to put the record straight and say fair play to him for apologising.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:17 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry this comment has taken so long to be posted but I sent it via Eurostar who lost it somewhere near Lille. It was discovered being used to build a new Cultural Implications Network Bunker and liberated by members. So well done to you for making the bu&g*rs admit fault.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:23 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Lawks, sounds a bit awful.

I am just recovering from a mega rough crossing from Roscoff to Plymouth - still swaying about frankly and for the first time EVER was seasick - unbelievable, I'm usually solid as a rock whilst all around me honk their guts up .......

Still sounds better than trying to go on the train though.

Happy Wednesday to all.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:32 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - my trip from Waterloo to Gare Nord and back same day was completely uneventful - no frills, but heck, it's not that long a ride!

Finding a loo in Gare Nord that didn't charge 5 euros was harder!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Wow - my trip from Waterloo to Gare Nord and back same day was completely uneventful - no frills, but heck, it's not that long a ride!

Finding a loo in Gare Nord that didn't charge 5 euros was harder!
Seems the Euro Star is not such a gem it's made out to be
although our only experience last year from Poitiers to Paris was excellent