Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

DSI Declaration(auto entrepreneur)

DSI Declaration(auto entrepreneur)

Old Dec 3rd 2014, 8:21 pm
Loving the mountains

howiet01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DSI Declaration(auto entrepreneur)

I'm a little confuddled.

I started off as an AE and still do my quarterly declarations(some extra teaching) even though I now have a CDD with a company.

I did a DSI declaration on the net-enterprises site(RSI) as requested in May. Since then I have heard nothing.

Is this my revenue declaration so therfore I don't have to do a declaration through the tax office?

Slightly worried as I don't want a hefty tax demand!
Old Dec 4th 2014, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DSI Declaration(auto entrepreneur)

Not sure what you mean by a DSI declaration?

You declare all your household income on your annual income declaration - your AE earnings, what you earn from your CDD and any other income you may have, pension or rental or whatever. Your tax bill is calculated from your income declaration. On the form all the figures go in their own separate boxes according to source so obviously if you've already paid tax on some bits, eg if you paid tax PAYG on your AE earnings, they won't be taxed again. However you do have to declare everything as it is all counted towards your RFR (revenue fiscale de référence) which is a magic number that you are sometimes asked for.

If you left your AE earnings off your tax form, maybe you should do a rectification, for your peace of mind.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, I checked up what a DSI declaration is and if you're an AE I don't think there was any need for you to do one. I've certainly never done one and neither have a couple of other AEs that I asked yesterday. Anyway - it seems to be do with social security contributions, to establish what rate you should be paying cotisations at, based on your previous year's income, which for AEs is not relevant because your earnings are capped and you are on a fixed rate of cotisations. So, it has nothing at all to do with income tax.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 7:31 am
Loving the mountains

howiet01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers. So really I need to get myself down to the tax office asap!
Old Dec 5th 2014, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I tink you do.
Haven't you declared anything, so you haven't paid any tax on your CDD either? Oops!
If you've done the form but just left the AE off, you can do a rectification online if you have an espace client set up. But if it's your first declaration, you won't have an espace client.