Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

do we have to quarrantine if visiting France?

do we have to quarrantine if visiting France?

Old Jul 7th 2020, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

bazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default do we have to quarrantine if visiting France?

Apologies if I am confused but most people are these days!
I see we (UK residents) no longer have to quarrantine on return from many countries , including France.
However - France is one of the countries that require us to isolate/quarrantine for 14 days on arrival in France.
The reason I am confused is that they keep banging on about reciprocal arrangements etc....
If anyone knows what the latest situation is I'd be very grateful - we still have a good 8 weeks to go but we have booked (rescheduled our June trip) for 2 weeks in September and are sooooooo looking forward to it!
Old Jul 7th 2020, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we have to quarrantine if visiting France?

Hi
Nobody can tell you what the rules will be next week far less in 8 week's time.
As far as I understand it the French quarantine Brits is voluntary.
You could be asked to self-isolate.
In September, who knows.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

As Cyrian says. The holiday season in July / August might or might not have a huge impact, so the picture in September may bear no relation to the picture now. Best advice is to start keeping close tabs on the situation a week or two before you travel.

You can check here https://reopen.europa.eu/fr/map/FRA for the latest situation as regards entering France, and here https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-cor...ite-epidemique for the departmental situation - if there are local outbreaks, there may be travel restrictions between departments. The Hexagon is all nice and green at the moment, let's hope it stays that way.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

bazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond reputebazzer70 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for input - hopefully it will get even better by September - they will certainly want schools open again...
Old Jul 10th 2020, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Certacito65 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having the same issue with understanding the rules.

My wife and I are desperate to visit Pas De Calais where we are going to buy a mobile home.

We literally want to visit for a weekend (ASAP) to visit the site and view the home.
I can’t work out if a short visit is permissible?

Can anybody advise me?

Thanks

David
Old Jul 10th 2020, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Certacito65
I am having the same issue with understanding the rules.

My wife and I are desperate to visit Pas De Calais where we are going to buy a mobile home.

We literally want to visit for a weekend (ASAP) to visit the site and view the home.
I can’t work out if a short visit is permissible?

Can anybody advise me?

Thanks

David
At present France will let you in and I believe it doesn't ask you to self quarantine after today.
AFAIK, at presetn the UK won't stop you from travelling to France and at present it will let you back into the UK without quarantine. Although I believe the official recommendation may be not to travel abroad, not sure on that.
Not sure what else anyone can tell you.
Right now I don't see anything to stop you coming for a weekend but nobody can give you any guarantees that the situation won't change.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Certacito65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
At present France will let you in and I believe it doesn't ask you to self quarantine after today.
AFAIK, at presetn the UK won't stop you from travelling to France and at present it will let you back into the UK without quarantine. Although I believe the official recommendation may be not to travel abroad, not sure on that.
Not sure what else anyone can tell you.
Right now I don't see anything to stop you coming for a weekend but nobody can give you any guarantees that the situation won't change.
Many thanks for that, I think I will
go ahead and book.
Cheers
Old Jul 11th 2020, 12:16 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

No quarantine on arrival for travellers from the UK and the FCO permits travel to France as of today so nothing to stop you anymore.
Old Aug 6th 2020, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Bobmorane is an unknown quantity at this point

Especially there is no travel restriction anymore (for now!?) in France
Old Aug 7th 2020, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bobmorane
Especially there is no travel restriction anymore (for now!?) in France
Headlines in the UK press this morning (from The Guardian)

UK coronavirus live: government monitoring France for quarantine after Norway reimposes restrictions