Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

cheap translator required any ideas ??

cheap translator required any ideas ??

Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:15 pm
Andy and the boss

andyandcass will become famous soon enoughandyandcass will become famous soon enough
Smile cheap translator required any ideas ??

Hi All again
Can anyone out there recommend a decent translator, we need to send two to three emails to a notaire and a local town hall and need to be able to have them translated into french and obviously the return emails translated into english, we have tried a few free online translators but they are a bit hit and miss unless anyone can recommend a good online one.
Any thoughts or replies would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Andyandcass

Last edited by andyandcass; Apr 19th 2008 at 8:20 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cheap translator required any ideas ??

Originally Posted by andyandcass
Hi All again
Can anyone out there recommend a decent translator, we need to send two to three emails to a notaire and a local town hall and need to be able to have them translated into french and obviously the return emails translated into english, we have tried a few free online translators but they are a bit hit and miss unless anyone can recommend a good online one.
Any thoughts or replies would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Andyandcass
have sent you pm
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:24 am
Just Joined

C moi is on a distinguished road

Have sent a pm.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:00 pm
Andy and the boss

andyandcass will become famous soon enoughandyandcass will become famous soon enough

Thanx everyone for your replys i think we are going to be sorted now
Kind regards
Andyand Cassie
Old May 21st 2008, 5:36 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

I'm asking in here to save starting a new thread.

I need a sworn translator to translate 2 pages for me, one of which is an exam certificate and the other being a summary of the course duration. I need then to send these on to Paris for an equivalence check, therefore they have to be done by an official translator, registered at the prefecture.

Is anyone from here registered and have time to do this for me?
Old May 21st 2008, 7:43 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
I'm asking in here to save starting a new thread.

I need a sworn translator to translate 2 pages for me, one of which is an exam certificate and the other being a summary of the course duration. I need then to send these on to Paris for an equivalence check, therefore they have to be done by an official translator, registered at the prefecture.

Is anyone from here registered and have time to do this for me?
Your local Commissariat de Police should also have the list of official Traducteurs Jurés. I was a translator before I retired, but unfortunately my application to be "jurée" wasn't accepted because I hadn't yet married my French husband (and I had enough work afterwards not to bother, esp. as the numbers are limited and nepotism apparently reigns...). Sorry about that, but unless there does happen to be an English-French traducteur juré out there, you're going to have to pay the outrageous fees....
Old May 21st 2008, 9:00 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dmu
Your local Commissariat de Police should also have the list of official Traducteurs Jurés. I was a translator before I retired, but unfortunately my application to be "jurée" wasn't accepted because I hadn't yet married my French husband (and I had enough work afterwards not to bother, esp. as the numbers are limited and nepotism apparently reigns...). Sorry about that, but unless there does happen to be an English-French traducteur juré out there, you're going to have to pay the outrageous fees....

Thanks for the extra info, I am also led to believe that the Mairie holds a list too. I don't mind paying the fees, I just would rather have given the work to someone on our forum
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

BECCY.FR is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
does anyone know of a translator from french for australian visa purposes must be accredited to australian government?