Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Chauffage and Plombier

Chauffage and Plombier

Old Jan 26th 2016, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chauffage and Plombier

May be wrong but I think so. Isn't it 5% at the moment? Actually just checked a devis for french doors, it is 5.50%.

Last edited by bobbi2; Jan 26th 2016 at 12:04 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at our latest facture - macon for rebuilding a wall, and VAT was changed at 10 percent.
I thought it went up to that two years ago?
He has his insurance comapny on the devis, as does our electrician and the plumber.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Our latest french door devis (2 weeks ago) was 5.50%. Funnily enough two years ago we had a dispute between a DIY store in France and a Menuiserie. It was decided by our assurer that the quality of the work done by the menuiserer and the quality of the product were both marginal and his assurance had to cough up for 50% of the claim so we know our old menuiserie had assurance even if it wasn't noted on his devis. However this does highlight the issues that can arise. We will certainly make note of this before we get the boiler replaced.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Alan_toulouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful
before using Chauffagiste and plombier

you have to see on these website societe.com if he is registered as a self-professional or company.

Don t hesitate to ask him a quote before !
Old Feb 5th 2016, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the link. Very useful and although ours have siret numbers and come recommended always good to double check.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

We have just had a new boiler and windows installed on the house. I believe it is too late for 2016 but will go onto next years tax bill. In order to apply for the Credit d'impot do I simply just note this on next years tax bill and keep the factures/receipts or do I need to demand anything from the plumber/menuiserie to back up this installation? I also did not get a TVA attached to my bill for the doors. Should I be asking for this too from the Menuiserie? We normally seem to get one for everything else. I know Credit d'Impot pops up now and then on here but previous threads have been closed!!
Old Apr 8th 2016, 6:55 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbi2
We have just had a new boiler and windows installed on the house. I believe it is too late for 2016 but will go onto next years tax bill. In order to apply for the Credit d'impot do I simply just note this on next years tax bill and keep the factures/receipts or do I need to demand anything from the plumber/menuiserie to back up this installation? I also did not get a TVA attached to my bill for the doors. Should I be asking for this too from the Menuiserie? We normally seem to get one for everything else. I know Credit d'Impot pops up now and then on here but previous threads have been closed!!
You keep the factures/receipts safely and enclose them in next year's Déclaration.
If you have problems with the boiler () it should be under guarantee with the plumber for xx years. Thereafter, best to call the same plumber in for maintenance, not some one via the manufacturer.