Reload this Page >

certificat medical d'aptitude au sport pratique

certificat medical d'aptitude au sport pratique

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

skabani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default certificat medical d'aptitude au sport pratique

Hello!

I am keen to start some kickboxing now that I am settling in, but looking at the requirements for my local club, they require a certificat medical d'aptitude au sport pratique. Does anyone know whether this is compulsory, and if so, how do I go about getting one and is it very expensive?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:00 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: certificat medical d'aptitude au sport pratique

Originally Posted by skabani
Hello!

I am keen to start some kickboxing now that I am settling in, but looking at the requirements for my local club, they require a certificat medical d'aptitude au sport pratique. Does anyone know whether this is compulsory, and if so, how do I go about getting one and is it very expensive?
Most medical certificates for sports are compulsory to be a member of the relevant association in France. If it's anything like the Football and Tennis one then it's just a visit to the doctor to get a form signed which will be 23 odd euros. But I cant promise that.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

racaille is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, I have to have them for me (horseriding) and all the kids' sports but they are simple enough. Make sure the doctor adds competitions included or you'll need another one if you fancy even a friendly match.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

For golf - a medical certificate is required BUT only if you want to play in competitions.
Ask your club secretary.
The secretary in my club offered to get another member - a doctor - to sign the certificate for me. He said that they did that all the time.
The certificate does not say that I am fit and healthy to play golf but that there are no reasons that I should not.
I get my daughter - a GP in the UK to sign the certificate for me.
I can download the certificate from the FFG website and last year I even managed to download it in english
It is a normal requirement to compete in all sport in France - even if you are a visiting foreign sportsman.
Good luck

Keep some copies in case you need to show them for other competitions

Last edited by cyrian; Feb 2nd 2011 at 6:14 pm. Reason: addition
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Ka Ora just about nailed it - most medical certificates for sports are compulsory, and will cost 23 euros from your local doctor.

Fwiw, for shooting sports, a separate certificate used to be a requirement, but no longer. Now, as soon as the French Federal Licence is issued, one must go along to a doctor and get him to sign, date and stamp the back of the card. Some other sporting associations may have adopted the same idea.

Which reminds me of a funny thing when I went to see him last time. (True story).
Early that morning I'd been sitting in the waiting room for almost an hour, and the secretary had already notified me that he wasn't yet in.
Just after the hour, he hobbled in the main door and into his office, and called me in a few mins afterwards. He stood up, shook my hand, and said, "Sorry I'm late, I've been ill!"
It struck me as such a funny thing coming from a doctor, and I was clearly amused, and immediately thought, "What, not like that.......like that!" Needless to say he didn't have a red fez hanging from the hat-stand.