Reload this Page >

New Brit Trying to Work in France

New Brit Trying to Work in France

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

admurph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Brit Trying to Work in France

Hello Everyone,

I am a new British citizen, received citizenship though my father, and was looking to work in France this summer. I was wondering if all i needed was my British passport or if some other document is required. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a brief search to no avail.

As a follow-up question if you know of any health related jobs or internships, paid or unpaid, in Burgundy that would also be appreciated.

Also a little about me since I am new, I am American soon to be a graduate at the University of Michigan and I would like to live with my French girlfriend this summer.

Cheers,
Andrew
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 5:23 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Brit Trying to Work in France

Originally Posted by admurph
Hello Everyone,

I am a new British citizen, received citizenship though my father, and was looking to work in France this summer. I was wondering if all i needed was my British passport or if some other document is required. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a brief search to no avail.

As a follow-up question if you know of any health related jobs or internships, paid or unpaid, in Burgundy that would also be appreciated.

Also a little about me since I am new, I am American soon to be a graduate at the University of Michigan and I would like to live with my French girlfriend this summer.

Cheers,
Andrew

Welcome to the Forum, Just come to France with your British Passport and if you you can find a job then you can work. If you have not lived or worked in the UK then I dont think you will be entitled to a e106 for health cover so you will probably have to sort out your own health insurance here. If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask and once again welcome to the Forum.