Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Carcassonne Club de Tir (Gun club)

Carcassonne Club de Tir (Gun club)

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carcassonne Club de Tir (Gun club)

I am in the process - now I have time - of applying to join the Club de Tir in Carcassonne (Indoor 50meter / 25 meter / 10 meter target ranges) at the Pont Rouge.

The only problem is that new members are supposed to be sponsored by another standing member of at least 2 years - and having moved here from near Perpignan only last year, I know nobody.

The president of the club has offered (hesitantly) to sponsor me if I can find no other member, but he didn't sound too eager - which I understand!

Is any one of you a member of this club or do any of you know a member whom I could possibly meet and get to know?

Thanks if you can help,
Roger

Last edited by Roger O; Sep 22nd 2009 at 11:08 am.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carcassonne Club de Tir (Gun club)

Originally Posted by Roger O
I am in the process - now I have time - of applying to join the Club de Tir in Carcassonne (Indoor 50meter / 25 meter / 10 meter target ranges) at the Pont Rouge.

The only problem is that new members are supposed to be sponsored by another standing member of at least 2 years - and having moved here from near Perpignan only last year, I know nobody.

The president of the club has offered (hesitantly) to sponsor me if I can find no other member, but he didn't sound too eager - which I understand!

Is any one of you a member of this club or do any of you know a member whom I could possibly meet and get to know?

Thanks if you can help,
Roger
Hi Roger,
Unable to directly help you as I know of nobody associated with the Carcassonne Club de Tir.
However, I'm rather surprised to hear that you need to be sponsored by another standing member of at least 2 years. That certainly wasn't the case with the club I'm with - the president didn't know me when I applied, but I did say that I had reasonable experience with other clubs, and if required could show a copy of a previous (expired) federal licence and/or gun permit.
This may help to win over the favour of your current president.
Another possibility is to visit your local gun-shops - there are two - at Blvd D. Papin and Rue J.A Fresnel - to establish a rapport with the owners, check out some of their stock etc with a possible interest to purchase, and mention your dilemma for local club membership. The chances are, they will be a members themselves, and will be able to assist.
If all this should fail, PM me and I may be able to help further.
Incidently there's an excellent Arms fair at Gaillac, Tarn 1st Nov which may interest you.
Cheers, & good luck.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carcassonne Club de Tir (Gun club)

Thanks very much for the idea and the information.
I thought too that the rule seemed rather strict!!
I already got the required doctor's certificate of aptitude (health and "mindset"!) so I just need the sponsor.

Actually I just found out my daughter's boyfriend is an ancient
member and would vouch for me - but as he left the club about
a year ago I would first have to find out if his support would be acceptable!

I'm not in that much of a hurry - still good weather and gardening to
keep me busy - but would like to be in by end October!

I'll get round in the next week to the two local "armuriers" and see what I
can drum up!

Problem is, the last indoor club I belonged to was in the UK in the 50s and since then I've always found a farmer around where I happened to live with enough land to enable outdoor practice! Here, I haven't so far and anyway
with 50meter / 25meter and 10meter indoor ranges I can practice all three types - Luger Stützen rifle, P22 target version and CO2 pistol (Russian "Annics Skif A-300") nicely indoors.

Last edited by Roger O; Sep 25th 2009 at 11:15 am.