Reload this Page >

Broadband / Maison Secondaire

Broadband / Maison Secondaire

Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

asj968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Broadband / Maison Secondaire

Hi,

We have a place in the Mayenne which we have been working on for the last 9 years. I was thinking of getting a phone line installed with broadband (mainly for the kids and MSN).

I understand France Telecom / Orange provide a facility for a maison secondaire which allows you to suspend these facilities when you are not in residence.

Can anyone provide any info on this and how you go about arranging it.

We usually visit about 5 times per year.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 2:58 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Broadband / Maison Secondaire

Originally Posted by asj968
Hi,

We have a place in the Mayenne which we have been working on for the last 9 years. I was thinking of getting a phone line installed with broadband (mainly for the kids and MSN).

I understand France Telecom / Orange provide a facility for a maison secondaire which allows you to suspend these facilities when you are not in residence.

Take yourself in to a Orange Shop, I don't think you can suspend the broadband/Adsl as it's not like the UK were you must have a Telephone Contract to have the service here you can just have the broadband then you have a voip phone as well if you want.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband / Maison Secondaire

Originally Posted by asj968
Hi,

But only if your primary residence is also in France. I suggest you get an Orange 3G USB stick and payg. (service sans forfait).