Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Britain to quit EU?

Britain to quit EU?

Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:30 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain to quit EU?

Originally Posted by cyrian
I think that your comment is posted in the wrong place.
This is a forum of Brits who want to live in Europe and by default are in favour of Europe and the freedom that membership gives them.
The same applies to all the other country forums in BE.
Certainly some Brits are against Europe - there is no doubt about that but many Brits want to see the UK as a member of the EU.
I think that everyone finds some of the EU laws and interference in running of the UK just plain daft.
You could have made the same remark about the French.
While most of the French politicians are in favour of the EU many of my French friends are not enthusiastic about it.
Who needs a referendum when Nighthawk93 can already give us the result?

as usual it isn't what but how they go about it.
the majority are failures in their own country's politics or have had no real political experience

I believe the majority of people, expat or not, just want to give them a good shaking and tell them to get the job done properly and stop wasting money that isn't theirs.

just heaven help all of us if Anthony Bliar should ever get his feet under the table in the same way as the Kinnock family have done, milking us for around £1million a year on the gravy train. It might even mean that Cherry will get herself a job there
Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:49 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
That has already been tried but was deemed by the European Court of Human Rights to be against their human rights and instead we have to continue to pay their salaries and big fat pensions.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

And someone else's view on Europe, although difficult to take too seriously.
Love him or loathe him, the interview is not devoid of interest, if only for his knowledge of the French language.

I bet the UK bookies are already taking money on whether he will be decapitated by a frisbee, or reincarnated as an olive........