Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

IS ANYONE SUFFERING HOMESICKNESS?? CORREZE

IS ANYONE SUFFERING HOMESICKNESS?? CORREZE

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:04 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IS ANYONE SUFFERING HOMESICKNESS?? CORREZE

Hurray............................Good on yer.How your cats?It rained here this morning but great now.I love this country so much,I really cannot ever describe how I feel about it.Have you come any nearer to what part you fancy.Its such a shame we just missed eachother on the site when you came over you could of stayed here for the night on the way through.Catch ya later.
Hurry home Val,The croissants are going cold.

Eclaire yes I am completely bonkers thank heavens,hope you having a good time now.xx
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:11 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
Hi,
So how come you are frequenting the brit expats french forum?
T
Oh come on you mustn't get offended by that! It was only a question - I'm sorry if it came across as a dig, it certainly wasn't meant like that I - I was genuinely interested that's why I asked. I didn't do the 'research' to see Artemis's previous blogs any more than Artemis checked the map to see where the Coreze was! A conversational gambit that went down the drain. Ah well. Never was my strong point. Plus ca change, n'est pas. Oh what an idiot I am. I like France though. And I really liked the exchange between you all supporting eclaire. That's why I posted. Got carried away. Was feeling lonely myself. Won't do that again. Well probably I will.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 5:25 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats better,dont feel lonely we are all on here to support eachother,and all looking for something differant.Artimis is doing really in depth reserch so they get the right place for themselves and everybody trys to support eachother,in some little way.So Im sure you have information someelse might need.Or if you feel low someone will try and cheer you up.And I wish I could spell
Anyway Il tiddle off now and hope you and A can talk
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all

Hi there Treskillard, No probs My posts are very open and honest because that's the way I am I also teach English and so writing and anything to do with the arts and being creative is in my nature and probably that means I am a bit of a sensitive flower. I love writing which is why my posts are so long and why I enjoy teaching it. I have a long microsoft word document on my computer into which I am cutting and pasting useful bits and pieces that people have posted; it's all good research. I would quite like to move now to France, but my OH and I have a 13 year old and he probably needs to finish school first, although I hear that sous contrat schools are very reasonably priced. See I've done it again, posted a long one. My OH just asked WHERE do you live Treskillard. Do you like it? love to know
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:17 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, well usually we all live in Sheffield which we love but for a year I'm working in the south of France, Languedoc side, which we love too. Two children in the local maternelle and the thing I most missed when we got here was the net which has been a hassle to get going but is now almost fine. I like it here but not more than being in the UK. That wasn't the case when I was younger. I first left the UK to come abroad as an escape from the Thatcher years. Now I feel differently and while I like it here I don't like it more. Home is where the heart lies and I carry mine around with me usually these days. My father's family nearly all live in Spain on what my late mother used to call the Costa Cockney (Gawd rest her soul). I'd say 40% of my total family now live outside the UK. What is going on? Why are we all leaving? Why is it so easy to get up and go? Anyway that's sort of the questions I ask myself about being here and seeing so many people coming and going. Great place this forum however but takes a bit of getting used to.
T
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
Yes, JDR I'm sure you are right. Good morning by the way. I would have thought Artemis was female?
Lol, I was just guessing genda, but wrongly ;-))

Its easier if people fill out their profile then they get a pretty genda icon and a happy birthday greeting when it comes round, because it is listed in the main forum page and someone usually spots it.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

eclaire is on a distinguished road

Hi, sorry i haven't spoken for a bit, went to uk. i tried to post a reply yesterday but my computer crashed!

Artemis - you have helped with my homesickness, there have been loads of really positive replies and i'm really grateful to everyone who has been bothered. It's nice that you post replies when you don't live in France and it's true that this website is for anyone who wants to speak.

you have all made me feel very welcome as a newcomer!!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eclaire
Hi, sorry i haven't spoken for a bit, went to uk. i tried to post a reply yesterday but my computer crashed!

Artemis - you have helped with my homesickness, there have been loads of really positive replies and i'm really grateful to everyone who has been bothered. It's nice that you post replies when you don't live in France and it's true that this website is for anyone who wants to speak.

you have all made me feel very welcome as a newcomer!!
Hi there
glad to know you are feeling a bit better. Hope you had a great time in UK.
Don't forget, every time it's all getting a bit much, all you need to do is post a note here and we'll all try to help cheer you up
Old Sep 30th 2007, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Val.... thanks for that. We had a good time in the UK. We have been back twice now since we moved out here in June, my sister got married in July then it was my in-laws golden wedding do. Last time we came back to France i found i was ok for about 5 weeks (which was actually the same amount of time when we moved out before homesickness kicked in), so i'm dreading the 5 week mark now!

My parents are here just now but they go home tomorrow, so maybe a few tears!

You seem to have lots of advice for people on this site.....i suppose after living in lots of different countries you have a lot of valuable info!

What made you choose France and do you think you'll stay here?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to have lots of advice for people on this site.....i suppose after living in lots of different countries you have a lot of valuable info!

What made you choose France and do you think you'll stay here?[/QUOTE]

Hi there
okay, so now we know the 5 week mark is something to aim for - what about if you and hubby do something good that weekend? Lots of cheap B&B's this time of year. Or if your OH looks after your little one for the day and you go for a facial or something you want to do. That way you have something to look forward to instead of dreading.
I think experience comes from age more than anything else. When we lived in South Africa, where we had our children, I had no-one and that was in the days before email etc, 13 hour flights back to UK. Where we have been lucky is in the friends we've made. As sad as we've all got at leaving somewhere I always try to think of all the friends we would never have met if we'd stayed in one place, not to mention all the great things we've seen and done.
We moved to France because of my OH's job. He's a marine biologist, works with seaweed Every move we've made has supposed to be the last one! He works all over the place at the moment, mainly in Canada, which is why I've been there the last couple of weeks. But all being well and we get on the flight tonight, we will be back in France tomorrow
We all think of it as home. It's weird, even with the language problems I couldn't imagine living anywhere else now. Apparently my distant, distant ancestors went over to UK with William the Conqueror so I just look at it that I've finally completed the circle
Seriously, everyone is so different, but I've come to realise life is too short to be unhappy. You will know if you are meant to stay in France. If you don't and go back to UK there is nothing wrong with that - at least you tried it.
Remember, we are all here for you.
5 weeks and counting
Val
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:27 pm
down under where

Originally Posted by val50

What made you choose France and do you think you'll stay here?
Hi there
okay, so now we know the 5 week mark is something to aim for - what about if you and hubby do something good that weekend? Lots of cheap B&B's this time of year. Or if your OH looks after your little one for the day and you go for a facial or something you want to do. That way you have something to look forward to instead of dreading.
I think experience comes from age more than anything else. When we lived in South Africa, where we had our children, I had no-one and that was in the days before email etc, 13 hour flights back to UK. Where we have been lucky is in the friends we've made. As sad as we've all got at leaving somewhere I always try to think of all the friends we would never have met if we'd stayed in one place, not to mention all the great things we've seen and done.
We moved to France because of my OH's job. He's a marine biologist, works with seaweed Every move we've made has supposed to be the last one! He works all over the place at the moment, mainly in Canada, which is why I've been there the last couple of weeks. But all being well and we get on the flight tonight, we will be back in France tomorrow
We all think of it as home. It's weird, even with the language problems I couldn't imagine living anywhere else now. Apparently my distant, distant ancestors went over to UK with William the Conqueror so I just look at it that I've finally completed the circle
Seriously, everyone is so different, but I've come to realise life is too short to be unhappy. You will know if you are meant to stay in France. If you don't and go back to UK there is nothing wrong with that - at least you tried it.
Remember, we are all here for you.
5 weeks and counting
Val[/QUOTE]

Yes, Eclaire, I'll have to second val50's support - this forum business is the business! I thought everyone was mad for a while until I realised they are just permanently mad! Clearly one way to deal with homesickness is to have this little place to run away to!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, Eclaire, I'll have to second val50's support - this forum business is the business! I thought everyone was mad for a while until I realised they are just permanently mad! Clearly one way to deal with homesickness is to have this little place to run away to! [/QUOTE]

So how's the research going Tim? That Phd must be coming along really well if you've got all this time on your hands to spend on the forum
Multiple users too, tut tut.
It's great you can find time to visit and offer all this help and support.
Obviously you've never had any problems settling in anywhere - being mad and all must help - but for those who have, it's good to have strategies in place.
Keep up the good work - now that CFM seems to have dissappeared we need someone like you to keep the forum nicely balanced.
Val
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:05 am
down under where

Hello Val,
My comment to eclaire was meant as it says in the text - I was finding the forum useful and would 'be there' to support her. Nothing else. Certainly not sarcasm if that is what you have imagined from my post. eclaire, if you read this, my apologies if that is how you took it. As I said, the forum is I find really useful and I although I found it strange at first I have discovered that it is an interesting place. Also I have realised it is somewhere I could find company and conversation in what is for me at least a very lonely time. Also Val, if you check with the post you refer to you will see that I do not have a double user but was at the recieving end of someone creating a second user to mock me I suspect. As a moderator you might be able to check this first rather than making ill informed assumptions. As for the comment about CFM, I can't judge it -sounds like it might be veiled insult or a compliment. Anyhow, I haven't hidden who I am, in fact far from it. It makes for easy ammunition.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

I haven't taken anything anyone has said on this forum the wrong way, so no need to worry! I think this is a great place to get help and advice from other people who are also living away from the place they were born and brought up.

I never thought i would enter into a 'chat room' (i hate that word, it makes me think of perverts enticing children) and i've never used one before until now when i really felt the need to talk to others about the feelings i've had since moving here. Although i do like to use email and texts etc, i have always found them to be bad as comments can get misconstrued so much.

You're right Val, I will have to arrange to do something nice at the 5 week mark. Going over to the UK again at the beginning of December, just me and my little boy for 2 weeks, so lots of catch ups with friends and p*ss ups with my sisters!! yeeehhaaaa!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:56 pm
down under where

Originally Posted by eclaire
I haven't taken anything anyone has said on this forum the wrong way, so no need to worry! I think this is a great place to get help and advice from other people who are also living away from the place they were born and brought up.

I never thought i would enter into a 'chat room' (i hate that word, it makes me think of perverts enticing children) and i've never used one before until now when i really felt the need to talk to others about the feelings i've had since moving here. Although i do like to use email and texts etc, i have always found them to be bad as comments can get misconstrued so much.

You're right Val, I will have to arrange to do something nice at the 5 week mark. Going over to the UK again at the beginning of December, just me and my little boy for 2 weeks, so lots of catch ups with friends and p*ss ups with my sisters!! yeeehhaaaa!!
Good - I'm always getting nervous about causing offence. Must be my charming online manners. Ditto for the chat-room comment you made eclaire. Embarrassing isn't it! Anyway, good luck on the trip to the UK and don't drink too much And if you do - don't forget to come back!

T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.