Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Anyone around Confolens, Charente?

Anyone around Confolens, Charente?

Old Sep 25th 2007, 2:29 am
Just Joined

cabalsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone around Confolens, Charente?

Hello All!
My husband has been offered a job in Lessac, near Confolens and am wondering if anyone is around there or knows anything about it?
We have visited once last month and plan to again before Xmas to have another look around. We have 2 kids - 4years and 1year, so any kindergarten/school info would be useful too. Only have schoolgirl French so if we come, plan to throw ourselves into a course and hope for best!
Thanks for any info!
Charlie
Old Sep 28th 2007, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone around Confolens, Charente?

Hi, yours is a rather lonely looking post. I hope that someone help you soon.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Yes, isn't it! Thanks! Maybe there's just no one around the area?
Still hopeful. . . .
Charlie
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:01 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cabalsom
Hello All!
My husband has been offered a job in Lessac, near Confolens and am wondering if anyone is around there or knows anything about it?
We have visited once last month and plan to again before Xmas to have another look around. We have 2 kids - 4years and 1year, so any kindergarten/school info would be useful too. Only have schoolgirl French so if we come, plan to throw ourselves into a course and hope for best!
Thanks for any info!
Charlie
Hi there,just popping through,Confolens is a lovely place,you will be able to get French lessons at the social cultral center,here.The children part I do not know about .There are plenty of English around here,thats why we are going back to England.The French are terrific here.Where abouts in Lessac?I dont think you will have any problem with the children here.Il try and jump back on later, if you have any spesific questions Il try and find out for you.Sorry didnt get to you earlier but up to eyeballs at moment.They are a really helpful bunch on here so more complicated questions Im sure some one will be along to help.Talk later xx
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply, sounds positive although do you mean there are too many English, so you are going back because you don't like it?
The job is at Boisbuchet but probably be living in Lessac to start with. I know you said its not your area of expertise, but do you know if there is a Kindergarten in Lessac? Any idea of costs? Do you know any English with kids in local schools / kindergartens who might share info with me?
Love to swim too and know there are lakes for the summer, what about in the colder months -any swimming pools around?
Thanks!
Charlie
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:33 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi C, First of all I must clear something up.Why I wrote "thats why we going back"I have absolutly no ideaI never reread my posting,thats what happens when you dream alot.We staying here,you will have to forgive me.
Il try and find out some ore for you .Im not sure wether Im allowed to put up other sites but if you try AngloInfo Charente you may get some local information on schooling ect.I cannot tell you enough about how nice it is here.Im sure there are solutions to any probs you come up against.It might take me a bit of time but Il try and find out as much as I can for you.Talk later xxxxxx