Reload this Page >

La Sarthe-Expats, Living, Jobs

La Sarthe-Expats, Living, Jobs

Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Bad_Doggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default La Sarthe-Expats, Living, Jobs

Hi to all, new to this forum.

My wife, is originally from Sarthe has a good job offer in Le Mans. All ok there!

But, should we stay or should we go? This is what is in my mind. Just wondering if there are any expats in Sarthe. What job possiblities exist (if there are any). What's life like there for an expat.

Just trying to see what possiblities there may-be for me and the possible new life from others that have ventured into the region. Would be interested to here anything from anyone in Sarthe

Thanks

Woof!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:26 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: La Sarthe-Expats, Living, Jobs

Originally Posted by Bad_Doggie

My wife, is originally from Sarthe has a good job offer in Le Mans. All ok there!

But, should we stay or should we go? This is what is in my mind. Just wondering if there are any expats in Sarthe. What job possiblities exist (if there are any). What's life like there for an expat.

Just trying to see what possiblities there may-be for me and the possible new life from others that have ventured into the region. Would be interested to here anything from anyone in Sarthe

Thanks

Woof!
I am sure Val will help you soon.
But I know one thing , your vets charges will be a lot less in France. ;-))
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bad_Doggie

Thanks

Woof!

Hi there and welcome.
Just a bit too far south from us here in Normandy but did find this website that might give you more idea of what life is like there
http://www.ville-beaumont-sur-sarthe.fr/fr/qualite.htm
If your wife has a job offer and is originally from the area though, I am sure you will be fine. What sort of work would you be looking for? Do you have children?
Val
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 5:16 am
Just Joined

Bad_Doggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by val50
Hi there and welcome.
Just a bit too far south from us here in Normandy but did find this website that might give you more idea of what life is like there
http://www.ville-beaumont-sur-sarthe.fr/fr/qualite.htm
If your wife has a job offer and is originally from the area though, I am sure you will be fine. What sort of work would you be looking for? Do you have children?
Val
Val,
Thanks for you reply and link, I will go check it out now.

With regard to work I am fairly easy about what I would do; to bring some money in.

But, in the longer term, for a good quality of life I would be looking for something more fulfilling and would considered anything that comes along or is possible. I am currently employed as a motor vehicle technician, specializing in damper and hydraulic systems and working for a German manufacturer on development.

So I doubt if there are any jobs in this area in Sarthe. Although I am watching the ORECA company closely. May-be, also thinking of investigating things that I could do on my own, such as English Classic cars (repairs imports etc) but don't know if there is much of a call for it.

I am starting study at the OU for computer programming. It is a hobby and I just want to push it further.

Really, though my question was more general. Reading the press and other posts on this board it appears the employment situation in France is quite bleak. With the exception of the Paris region. Especially for expats. I was wondering if there were an expats in Sarthe who could confirm or deny this. Or shed an interesting light on anything that may becoming up in the near future.

I speak resonable conversational French but a long way short of good.

Yep, I have one son, 9 years, who is fluent in French, can read some but writing is a way off. Sure he would pick it up quickly and school would be little trouble.