Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Anti-Covid vaccinations

Anti-Covid vaccinations

Old Feb 5th 2021, 7:44 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-Covid vaccinations

Originally Posted by dmu
The French PM is giving a press conference today at 18h00, but no tightening of the restrictions is expected to be announced (all reports in the conditional). More likely an update on the health crisis in general. Any pertinent info will be reported here!
As speculated, yesterday's press conference was mainly an update on the vaccinations, tests, etc..., télétravail, border controls, curfew controls ... No date given for the end of the curfew.
For the upcoming school holidays, bis repetita - as for the Christmas/New Year holidays, families can travel anywhere in France, but must not forget the basic gestes sanitaires.
A reconfinement isn't envisaged at present, but it isn't impossible later...
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 8:03 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Any one living along the coast of the Alpes-Maritimes will know that, in addition to the national curfew during the week, there's to be compulsory mask-wearing out-of-doors (this measure implying that too many people don't), and confinement during the next two weekends. Prefectoral or even Municipal decisions in other hotspots might follow suit....
Old Feb 24th 2021, 6:33 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Any one living along the coast of the Alpes-Maritimes will know that, in addition to the national curfew during the week, there's to be compulsory mask-wearing out-of-doors (this measure implying that too many people don't), and confinement during the next two weekends. Prefectoral or even Municipal decisions in other hotspots might follow suit....
Dunkirk next!! I think what is happening is total lockdown by stealth. Instead of biting the bullet this slow approach is the way it is going; of course, tat the Astra vaccine has been almost sidelined here simply doesn't help. Germany is backtracking so Would expect macron to backtrack soon!!
Old Feb 24th 2021, 8:03 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by KJMW
Dunkirk next!! I think what is happening is total lockdown by stealth. Instead of biting the bullet this slow approach is the way it is going; of course, tat the Astra vaccine has been almost sidelined here simply doesn't help. Germany is backtracking so Would expect macron to backtrack soon!!
This Astra-Zeneca vaccine won't be used for the over-75's, only for certain categories under that age, and apparently your MT will contact you if they consider you eligible. All to the good for them, but many oldies are still waiting for the Pfizer vaccine (the figure in my local Centre has gone down to just over 1000 RVs scheduled in the coming 4 weeks, but it's still impossible to make a RV for after that period).
Old Feb 24th 2021, 8:27 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
This Astra-Zeneca vaccine won't be used for the over-75's, only for certain categories under that age, and apparently your MT will contact you if they consider you eligible. All to the good for them, but many oldies are still waiting for the Pfizer vaccine (the figure in my local Centre has gone down to just over 1000 RVs scheduled in the coming 4 weeks, but it's still impossible to make a RV for after that period).
I think the age the Astra vaccine won't be used is actually over 65 not 75. And even then you have to be a care or emergency worker.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 9:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think the age the Astra vaccine won't be used is actually over 65 not 75. And even then you have to be a care or emergency worker.
Correct
https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/vaccins
Old Feb 24th 2021, 6:07 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just confirmed on the JT! For any one living in Dunkerque and its agglomeration and not following the French news, confinement on Saturday and Sunday, which means only food and other essential shops, pharmacies,... will be open and outings limited to those similar to those of the earlier confinements (e.g. for medical reasons, dog-walking and physical exercise limited in time and distance, etc...).
The PM will give a Press Conference tomorrow, probably at 18h00, with details of the Covid Situation nationwide.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 5:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dmu
Just confirmed on the JT! For any one living in Dunkerque and its agglomeration and not following the French news, confinement on Saturday and Sunday, which means only food and other essential shops, pharmacies,... will be open and outings limited to those similar to those of the earlier confinements (e.g. for medical reasons, dog-walking and physical exercise limited in time and distance, etc...).
The PM will give a Press Conference tomorrow, probably at 18h00, with details of the Covid Situation nationwide.
P.M on the T.V tonight at 6 o/c. I doubt he is going to say everything is rosy! Over 31,000 infections reported this morning. The health Minister has said also that things are looking bad.
They keep playing with this lockdown thing and I'm not sure that locking down just at weekends does any good whatsoever. I expect several more areas to be announced that will be locked down, probably also for the weekend; a complete waste of time in my view. Vaccinations on grand scale are what is needed but with macron not letting the Asra-Zeneka vaccine loose there is no chance of that happening. I wonder if people in France are aware their President is putting his hatred of Brexit before their lives?
Old Feb 25th 2021, 7:34 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

P.M on the T.V tonight at 6 o/c. I doubt he is going to say everything is rosy! Over 31,000 infections reported this morning. The health Minister has said also that things are looking bad.
They keep playing with this lockdown thing and I'm not sure that locking down just at weekends does any good whatsoever. I expect several more areas to be announced that will be locked down, probably also for the weekend; a complete waste of time in my view. Vaccinations on grand scale are what is needed but with macron not letting the Asra-Zeneka vaccine loose there is no chance of that happening. I wonder if people in France are aware their President is putting his hatred of Brexit before their lives?

The radio said that GPs who accept to vaccinate patients at their surgery, will have the A-Z vaccine from their pharmacies as of today. As said, they will decide which patients have priority and will contact them directly to propose the vaccination. It's a case of "don't ring us, we'll ring you"....

Not sure I understand, but let's not get into another "debate" which will only conceal any useful info...

Old Feb 25th 2021, 11:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dmu

The radio said that GPs who accept to vaccinate patients at their surgery, will have the A-Z vaccine from their pharmacies as of today. As said, they will decide which patients have priority and will contact them directly to propose the vaccination. It's a case of "don't ring us, we'll ring you"....

Not sure I understand, but let's not get into another "debate" which will only conceal any useful info...
Absolutely no need to be confused. My Doctor knew nothing about it and certainly doesn't have any vaccine to distribute. That's the reality at my surgery anyway. Personally I'm extremely wary of what the media pushes out at the behest of the government.! The government is big on words and phrases but the proof is in the pudding isn't it?
Old Feb 25th 2021, 6:33 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

(I deleted an answer this afternoon by mistake)
The PM didn't announce any dreadful decisions just now, just that 20 départements in the PACA (the towns along the coast in the 06 already having their own restrictions), Ile-de-France, Hauts de France (Dunkerque already being partially confined), Grand Est, plus Rhône, Drôme and Eure & Loir, will be "under strict surveillance". Those living in these regions should check any new restrictions.
As for vaccinations, he seemed to confirm what we already know....
Old Feb 25th 2021, 10:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dmu
(I deleted an answer this afternoon by mistake)
The PM didn't announce any dreadful decisions just now, just that 20 départements in the PACA (the towns along the coast in the 06 already having their own restrictions), Ile-de-France, Hauts de France (Dunkerque already being partially confined), Grand Est, plus Rhône, Drôme and Eure & Loir, will be "under strict surveillance". Those living in these regions should check any new restrictions.
As for vaccinations, he seemed to confirm what we already know....
This government loves to obfuscate. Strict surveillance! I know what it literally means but I rather doubt that is what the authorities will do. It is a sop. The virus is spreading like wildfire and the government are doing very little about it. Macron won't swallow his pride and allow the Asstra - Zeneka vaccine to be used on over 65s and his puppet government won't swallow their pride (probably under pressure from Macron) to lockdown or take strong measures. France is a shadow of the country I first came to 22 years ago. The French people deserve so much better.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say that, even if you don’t fall into the category that is to be prioritized by those GPs who have signed up to the scheme - i.e. 50-64 years of age with one of the listed medical conditions - it’s still worth contacting your GP and asking to be put on their waiting list in case they find they have some leftover doses.

You wouldn’t think a GP would have difficulty finding 10 willing patients in that category per week but the reality is that a lot of their patients don’t even want the vaccine and the GPs are phoning round desperately trying to persuade them.

I’ve already been in touch with my GP, given him my name, my husband’s name and our mobile number and told him we’ll be very happy to come and have the injection if he’s looking for volunteers.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:13 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This government loves to obfuscate. Strict surveillance! I know what it literally means but I rather doubt that is what the authorities will do. It is a sop. The virus is spreading like wildfire and the government are doing very little about it. Macron won't swallow his pride and allow the Asstra - Zeneka vaccine to be used on over 65s and his puppet government won't swallow their pride (probably under pressure from Macron) to lockdown or take strong measures. France is a shadow of the country I first came to 22 years ago. The French people deserve so much better.
The scientific experts state that the A-Z vaccine isn't suitable for the age-group in question.
It isn't political and I suggest you post in the TIO forum. FWIW, I'm into my 7th President and IMO France hasn't really recovered since Mitterand's reign when Martine Aubry invented the 35hr. week....
Old Feb 26th 2021, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not particularly a Macron lover either, but could tackle you endlessly on your above comments, but have no intention of doing so. You have a mischievous way of manoeuvring some threads into political arguments which is annoying.
I see you're very much at home on the TIO forum, where you often receive as much aggro as you give, and where you can debate political topics to your heart's content. But not here, please! The topic of this thread is Anti-Covid vaccinations, and believe most of us here on the France forum wish to keep it focused as such.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.