Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Anti-Covid vaccinations

Anti-Covid vaccinations

Old Jan 15th 2021, 7:31 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anti-Covid vaccinations

There doesn't seem to be a dedicated thread on the subject, so here's the official link to find your nearest Vaccination Centre and make an appointment:
https://www.sante.fr/centres-vaccination-covid.html
if you're 75 or over, or suffer from chronic renal insufficiency, on-going cancer treatment, trisomy 21, ... (after having having consulted your MT in the latter cases.)
For those hesitating, it isn't compulsory to take this initiative, you can wait until the CPAM sends you an invitation and even then, not take it up....
HTH
Old Jan 15th 2021, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-Covid vaccinations

@dmu When CPAM sends invitations do you know if they actually give you a timed appointment or do they invite you to make one?
I'm a little concerned that they might send an appointment by post to my house in France, and I wouldn't know about it to cancel the appointment.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 12:06 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
@dmu When CPAM sends invitations do you know if they actually give you a timed appointment or do they invite you to make one?
I'm a little concerned that they might send an appointment by post to my house in France, and I wouldn't know about it to cancel the appointment.
For the anti-flu vaccination, their letter invites you to go and collect your vaccine from the pharmacie and to get an IDE (or the pharmacien) to administer it. They then stamp the form and send it back to the CPAM.
But for the anti-Covid vaccination, I imagine that the invitation will advise you to ring your dedicated Centre for a RV. It certainly won't give you a timed appointment....
I'm among the many who will wait for such an invitation and will make a preferably informed decision when the time comes. If no one else has received it by then, I'll post again when mine arrives, to give you the exact wording!
Old Jan 15th 2021, 1:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I've been seeing reports from the UK, that a recent survey in France found that only 40% of the population would have the vaccination.
Old Jan 15th 2021, 2:06 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I've been seeing reports from the UK, that a recent survey in France found that only 40% of the population would have the vaccination.
To put it more clearly, every one will eventually be able to have the vaccination, but, according to the survey, 40% of the population refuse (at present) to be vaccinated.... Like me, they are waiting for some feedback on the secondary effects, before making a decision.
Old Jan 17th 2021, 5:58 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

I shouldn't think that having to wait to see if there are, or will be , any problems with secondary effects to the vaccination is needed.. Given that there has still only been around 400.000 vaccinations since Christmas waiting a long time for a jab isn't an option it's an almost certainty! meanwhile the number of deaths has now exceeded 70.000. People I speak to locally are absolutely disgusted by the way the vaccination program is being rolled out.. These are French people too. I'm afraid Mr. Macron isn't too popular around this region! Slightly off topic but when talking to my friendly Pizza man yesterday he said that Macron will never be re-elected. Then went on to qualify that by saying unless he is confronted by Le Pen in the final round then he would win!!!Sort of sums French politics I thought!
Old Jan 17th 2021, 7:31 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by KJMW
I shouldn't think that having to wait to see if there are, or will be , any problems with secondary effects to the vaccination is needed.. Given that there has still only been around 400.000 vaccinations since Christmas waiting a long time for a jab isn't an option it's an almost certainty! meanwhile the number of deaths has now exceeded 70.000. People I speak to locally are absolutely disgusted by the way the vaccination program is being rolled out.. These are French people too. I'm afraid Mr. Macron isn't too popular around this region! Slightly off topic but when talking to my friendly Pizza man yesterday he said that Macron will never be re-elected. Then went on to qualify that by saying unless he is confronted by Le Pen in the final round then he would win!!!Sort of sums French politics I thought!
Hi, I've got several local friends and friends-of-friends who have RVs at the end of January for their vaccinations, and my Parisian s.i.l has hers in February, so RVs are given relatively quickly, at least here and there. Am I the only Oldie on the forum eligible for a vaccination? I was hoping for a flurry of posts, while waiting for reports of secondary effects in the media.

(The Le Pen family have been the reason for many left-wing electors choosing the lesser of the two evils in second rounds, the general consensus being "tout mais pas ça".... It's very likely that Marine Le Pen will be in the second round again next year, but the other candidate would win, whatever his/her party. )
-
Old Jan 17th 2021, 8:25 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, I've got several local friends and friends-of-friends who have RVs at the end of January for their vaccinations, and my Parisian s.i.l has hers in February, so RVs are given relatively quickly, at least here and there. Am I the only Oldie on the forum eligible for a vaccination? I was hoping for a flurry of posts, while waiting for reports of secondary effects in the media.

(The Le Pen family have been the reason for many left-wing electors choosing the lesser of the two evils in second rounds, the general consensus being "tout mais pas ça".... It's very likely that Marine Le Pen will be in the second round again next year, but the other candidate would win, whatever his/her party. )
-
It may well be a regional thing but I know of no one around here that has a RV. The rollout is quite poor I think. You say a friend has a RV at the end of January and in February I can't think that is particularly commendable regarding efficiency.! Mind you that may change as from tomorrow when the phone line becomes 'hot' I suspect utter chaos! My wife is eligible but I'm not; being a mere 74 year old! I doubt you will have to wait long for the media to come up with someone who has shown 'terrible' side effects. They must be frantic that as of yet no one has dropped dead due to the 'side effects' of the vaccine !!!! Anyway, vaccine or no vaccine I feel optimistic for 2021.
Old Jan 17th 2021, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Ironically there is a French company on British soil that is supposed to be rolling out 60 million doses so that everyone over there who wants one, can have it before the end of June.
Old Jan 17th 2021, 2:26 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
There doesn't seem to be a dedicated thread on the subject, so here's the official link to find your nearest Vaccination Centre and make an appointment:
https://www.sante.fr/centres-vaccination-covid.html
if you're 75 or over, or suffer from chronic renal insufficiency, on-going cancer treatment, trisomy 21, ... (after having having consulted your MT in the latter cases.)
For those hesitating, it isn't compulsory to take this initiative, you can wait until the CPAM sends you an invitation and even then, not take it up....
HTH
There is a pdf document which lists rare illness's that qualify people for this round of vaccines

https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/IM...s_cosv_fmr.pdf

Old Jan 18th 2021, 5:31 am
Banned

On BFM this morning; 400,000 vaccinated since Christmas and it is now possible to book a vaccination (if you are in the right group) I thought it somewhat disingenuous that the article appeared to suggest that it is something to be proud of that a million have already been given a RV! How that can be I have no idea. In any event given that so few have been given the vaccine I would be surprised if a date for a RV is this year sometime!!! My wife isn't even going to bother she feels sure it will be chaotic. I tend to agree! Moan moan moan!! Well, can't really moan about the weather so this will have to do!!
Old Jan 18th 2021, 6:57 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
There is a pdf document which lists rare illness's that qualify people for this round of vaccines

https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/IM...s_cosv_fmr.pdf
Thanks for that, I couldn't give the whole list, and would hope that forum members don't suffer from the more rare illnesses...
A reminder that if you do suffer from anything on the list or other ALD, you need to consult your MT before you make an appointment (but he/she will have advised you already.....)
Old Jan 18th 2021, 7:17 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by KJMW
On BFM this morning; 400,000 vaccinated since Christmas and it is now possible to book a vaccination (if you are in the right group) I thought it somewhat disingenuous that the article appeared to suggest that it is something to be proud of that a million have already been given a RV! How that can be I have no idea. In any event given that so few have been given the vaccine I would be surprised if a date for a RV is this year sometime!!! My wife isn't even going to bother she feels sure it will be chaotic. I tend to agree! Moan moan moan!! Well, can't really moan about the weather so this will have to do!!
You can telephone as from today - it was possible to make RVs last week, via internet.
In the circumstances, I thought a two-week wait here in rural Hérault was quite reasonable, and 3-4 weeks for Parisians even better. All things being relative....
I'm not bothered about possible chaos at the Centre, just, suffering from various allergies, about the risk of serious secondary effects of the vaccination, as per:
https://fr.news.yahoo.com/vaccin-ant...113128741.html

Old Jan 18th 2021, 7:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dmu
You can telephone as from today - it was possible to make RVs last week, via internet.
In the circumstances, I thought a two-week wait here in rural Hérault was quite reasonable, and 3-4 weeks for Parisians even better. All things being relative....
I'm not bothered about possible chaos at the Centre, just, suffering from various allergies, about the risk of serious secondary effects of the vaccination, as per:
https://fr.news.yahoo.com/vaccin-ant...113128741.html
It does seem that a two week wait is reasonable but only if thousands were being vaccinated!! That doesn't appear to be the case. If the numbers being vaccinated is small then really it's an exercise in propaganda. I am somewhat surprised that given the excellence of the health service in France the handling of this vaccination program is quite lamentable. Dare I utter the unutterable here and blame E.U. inefficiency!!!
Old Jan 18th 2021, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

atlasthemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in U.K. I know of many people who have had the vaccine and I have two friends (88 and 55 year old ladies) who have felt tired and aicky for 24 hours 30 hours after receiving the vaccine ( astra zenica). This is no worse than the standard annual flu vaccine side effects ...so go for it when offered.
Re waiting for long term side effects...by the time i receive my shot (post Easter at this rate) we will be on our fourth or fifth maker of vaccines and it will still be new (and long term side effects will still be unknown). (my cynical side).
More seriously....I am not happy with the 12 gap between vaccinations....4 weeks would be better !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.