Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

age of the train

age of the train

Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of
Default age of the train

Hi,
Long story had to a hire car for 2 days other car getting repaired.
Most convienant hire location was at the train station.
French trains bit like marmite you either love um or hate um, always late or strking.......whoops sidetracking agian......
dropped car back and saw,which was explained to me by a sncf conductor as a train service that carries your car by train to other cities while you travel.
brillant..... anyone know anymore or tried it because it would be ideal to travel north south or vice versa.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 9:29 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: age of the train

Originally Posted by Nibbler
Hi,
Long story had to a hire car for 2 days other car getting repaired.
Most convienant hire location was at the train station.
French trains bit like marmite you either love um or hate um, always late or strking.......whoops sidetracking agian......
dropped car back and saw,which was explained to me by a sncf conductor as a train service that carries your car by train to other cities while you travel.
brillant..... anyone know anymore or tried it because it would be ideal to travel north south or vice versa.
It's been around for years But Motorail and Autotrain is the name it goes by and only operates in the Summer. Convenience would be it's only merit last time I looked at the prices it was still cheaper to drive and you can pick either costal side of the Spanish border and still get to Calais in the day.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: age of the train

Always late???? Not from my experiences. Always bang on time and far more reliable than any of those franchises in the UK.