Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Parking a Lorry, The French Way :lol:

Parking a Lorry, The French Way :lol:

Old May 18th 2009, 3:52 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parking a Lorry, The French Way :lol:

They never cease to amaze me, He pulled over to the verge and did not notice the ditch and drop, Opps No fresh Veg at Intermarche today

I decided not to get too close with the camera as the driver may not have appreciated it.

Better version Here. http://britishexpats.com/photopost/data/500/Lorry2.jpg

Last edited by Ka Ora!; May 18th 2009 at 3:56 pm.
Old May 18th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking a Lorry, The French Way :lol:

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
They never cease to amaze me, He pulled over to the verge and did not notice the ditch and drop, Opps No fresh Veg at Intermarche today

I decided not to get too close with the camera as the driver may not have appreciated it.

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/d...ium/Lorry2.jpg
Oops, not too clever!
Strangest one I saw was an ambulance at the top of my road laying on it's side at 2am in the morning. I couldn't work it out. It was a 30 zone, a completely straight, flat road and absolutely no traffic.
Old May 20th 2009, 10:35 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. But notice that no-one gives a toss? No fuss, no palaver. No-one hurt. In the UK that'd be a major incident, and the road closed off for a week.
Old May 20th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Yeah. But notice that no-one gives a toss? No fuss, no palaver. No-one hurt. In the UK that'd be a major incident, and the road closed off for a week.
France definitely isn't the Nanny state in the same way as the UK, and just occasionally it has a few drawbacks, but generally that gets a big thumbs up for me.
Old May 20th 2009, 5:09 pm

They just unloaded the lorry, and about 7 hrs later two very big recovery lorries turned up. They did close the road for the recovery, no choice really. That upset lots of people coming home after work, Lots is 7 or 8
Old May 20th 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Le Chant
They make no fuss because this happens so often Every day there is at least one picture like this in our local Nouvelle Republique.....
Old May 21st 2009, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/d...ium/Lorry2.jpg
Looks like the lorry that hangs 6inchs from the back of my car on the autoroute every morning whlist i am travelling at 100km...
unlucky monsiuer ......
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:45 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Mother of God, not the most reassuring pic just as my 28 Cubic Metres are sailing their way to Brittany - getting scared now we will be serenely driving down from Roscoff and be passing endless upended removal lorries in ditches, all spewing my scary contents across les routes de France ........

Better do some washing just in case .............
Old May 23rd 2009, 2:50 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Holy Mother of God, not the most reassuring pic just as my 28 Cubic Metres are sailing their way to Brittany - getting scared now we will be serenely driving down from Roscoff and be passing endless upended removal lorries in ditches, all spewing my scary contents across les routes de France ........

Better do some washing just in case .............
28 cubic metres? Lay off the Jack. You need to lose a bit.
Old May 23rd 2009, 3:03 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

It's all beans and fags Novo, not to worry, we at least have our priorities right.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:21 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It's all beans and fags Novo, not to worry, we at least have our priorities right.
I think you can get fags in France, baked beans not so much, thank god.

Ignore my earlier advice and bring a couple of flagons of Jack for me. I'll pick them up from your place in a few weeks, OK?
Old May 24th 2009, 1:03 am
Grey Bombshell

In three weeks my friend, there will be nothing left, we will be fagless, beanless and Jackless (and probably legless and all).

Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

In three weeks my friend, there will be nothing left, we will be fagless, beanless and Jackless (and probably legless and all).

I have absolutely nothing to do with anything on this board or post.... but found this whole thing hilarious.

Thanks for the laugh!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

I delivered to a place in Catllar a few weeks back and parked very close to the verge. As I pulled out, looking in the mirrors for stuff behind me I didn't see the verge got wider and put the front left wheel in a ditch.

The back right wheel ended up about 2ft in the air. Local neighbours came out to stand on the back or offer help and all passing cars stopped to try. Eventually a lorry with a winch on the back managed to turn round and pull me out.

Stupid Anglais!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
I delivered to a place in Catllar a few weeks back and parked very close to the verge. As I pulled out, looking in the mirrors for stuff behind me I didn't see the verge got wider and put the front left wheel in a ditch.

The back right wheel ended up about 2ft in the air. Local neighbours came out to stand on the back or offer help and all passing cars stopped to try. Eventually a lorry with a winch on the back managed to turn round and pull me out.

Stupid Anglais!
That explains why postage is going up Again