Reload this Page >

3g Pay as you go telephone provider

3g Pay as you go telephone provider

Old Nov 10th 2013, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3g Pay as you go telephone provider

Hi...

A brief stop by the French boards for a Brit from Hungary.

I'm looking for a reliable 3G Pay As You Go telephone provider for an Photography project I am running in St Malo for a ship builder, any information that you kind folk can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Brian
Old Nov 10th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3g Pay as you go telephone provider

Hi Brian,
You can get PAYG from Orange; SFR; Bouygues and Free as well as major supermarkets like Auchan and Carrefour.
Why don't you have a look at the respective websites.
I don't know what you mean by reliable but these are the major providers.
PAYG is time-limited in France e.g. €15 for 1 month for a certain amount of calls and texts. Internet access would be extra although wifi is available in some restaurants and hotels.
You need a French address to buy a SIMM but you can give a friends address or a hotel address or simply make up an address - but I am not sure if you need proof of address.
An American friend of mine just talked the shop staff into selling him a SIMM and he left France before his SIMM was deactivated.
Good luck
Old Nov 10th 2013, 1:13 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
but I am not sure if you need proof of address.
I seem to recollect showing my ID (indicating address) when I bought my last PAYG Orange phone.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

aboris is an unknown quantity at this point

On a recent trip to France I bought an SFR SIM for 15 Euros (from a stand in the entrance to the Carrefour in Soyoux, Angouleme) which only needs topping up once every 6 months. I had to give a French address - gave my hotel and shoed my UK driving license card as proof of ID. Hope this info helps
Old Nov 10th 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aboris
On a recent trip to France I bought an SFR SIM for 15 Euros (from a stand in the entrance to the Carrefour in Soyoux, Angouleme) which only needs topping up once every 6 months. I had to give a French address - gave my hotel and shoed my UK driving license card as proof of ID. Hope this info helps
If you don't use your phone for 6 months then the SIMM is switched off.
The following is from the SFR site:

Recharge 5€ valable 1 semaine
Recharge 10€ valable 2 semaines
Recharge 15€ valable 1 mois
Recharge 25€ valable 2 mois (+5€ offerts)
Recharge 35€ valable 3 mois (+10€ offerts)
Recharge 65€ valable 4 mois (+20€ offerts)
Recharge 95€ valable 5 mois (+45€ offerts)

I am not aware of other SFR SIMMs that are PAYG that does not have an expiry date as above.
You can get their RED subscription at €5 per month ongoing.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice

Originally Posted by llareggub
Hi...

A brief stop by the French boards for a Brit from Hungary.

I'm looking for a reliable 3G Pay As You Go telephone provider for an Photography project I am running in St Malo for a ship builder, any information that you kind folk can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Brian
I admit I don't always know what the latest technology is about, but if I have understood your requirement and you want a 3G dongle (clé) in order to connect a laptop or other device to the internet, then I can recommend the Domino pay as you go from Orange.

If you have a delivery address you can order online here:

http://boutique.orange.fr/ESHOP_mx_o...ee_appel=ORESH

They are much more expensive if you buy one in an Orange shop.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Have a look at Lycamobile

They have an English site and an English help line which can be very useful.