Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone Feel The Earthquake ??

Anyone Feel The Earthquake ??

Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:07 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone Feel The Earthquake ??

I felt it too was up late playing wow (dont ask lol). It felt like someone had hold of the house and was shaking it side to side. Quite scary , i looked at the plant on the table and it was shaking like a leaf (lol). Hubby was asleep and said it must have been a big lorry when i told him this morning lol
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:23 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01

My husband said he quite literally shite himself last night

Are you absolutely sure about that? Must have been a hell of a job getting his under daks clean again.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the Epicenter was around Market Rasen in Lincolnshire, couple of chimney stacks and that was it.

Consequently the UK has been immediatly relegated to the lower divisions of the Earthquake league table, on such a pathetic display.

UK... hmmph cant even do earthquakes properly
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Apparently the Epicenter was around Market Rasen in Lincolnshire, couple of chimney stacks and that was it.

Consequently the UK has been immediatly relegated to the lower divisions of the Earthquake league table, on such a pathetic display.

UK... hmmph cant even do earthquakes properly

And thats a bad thing ?

Nicky

Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:50 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

I felt it! Thought a plane flew into the house! My cat started making weird noises about 1 minute before!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:55 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

It scared the beejesus out of me. Hubby was trying to get me to put out the light so he could sleep and then the bed jerked sideways then up and down a few times. He thought it was me!

I thought the house was falling down and thought - nope can't be an earthquake - can't hear the animals.... it was eeriely silent. Others up north (I am in London) heard noises, but nothing for me.

I was cacking myself - couldn't sleep...kept thinking I should get up and get dressed just in case the flats fell down. Was very pleased to hear I didn't imagine it on the news. Then my lack of sleep felt reasonable!

Was in a small one of similar size in San Francisco in a restuarant and you could tell all the visitors as we were all jabbering on and the locals were like' ooo thats a baby one'.

Yee hah. Nothing like a little earthquake to make you fell alive!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough

usually when the wife wants me to make the earth move for her i have to go out and find a jcb.
last night i was saved the trouble.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:32 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
It scared the beejesus out of me. Hubby was trying to get me to put out the light so he could sleep and then the bed jerked sideways then up and down a few times. He thought it was me!

I thought the house was falling down and thought - nope can't be an earthquake - can't hear the animals.... it was eeriely silent. Others up north (I am in London) heard noises, but nothing for me.

I was cacking myself - couldn't sleep...kept thinking I should get up and get dressed just in case the flats fell down. Was very pleased to hear I didn't imagine it on the news. Then my lack of sleep felt reasonable!

Was in a small one of similar size in San Francisco in a restuarant and you could tell all the visitors as we were all jabbering on and the locals were like' ooo thats a baby one'.

Yee hah. Nothing like a little earthquake to make you fell alive!

Im glad noone was seriously injured, one guy in hospital I think
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

I felt it and it scared the life out of me

My son got up this morning for school and I told him about it and he laughed his head off saying I must have been dreaming because he didn't feel or hear a thing - After he left I switched on the the news and there WAS an earthquake so I was NOT dreaming! and I was NOT going mad either! It did happen!

Grrrr Wait til he gets home I'm showing him the news report!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Colleague who lives in Norfolk told me today the earth moved for him, and another colleague who's daughter is at Bristol Uni felt it as well.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

graemestuart99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing wakes me up, not even an earthquake 5.3 on the scale.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

My son-in-law had been watching Shaun of the Dead, just got into bed, when everything started shaking, thought some unearthly being was after him.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
And thats a bad thing ?

Nicky

Irony

a: the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b: a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c: an ironic expression or utterance
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a bit of movement last night as well Wardrobe doors rattled a bit. OH sat up in bed, when I asked what was that he just said "it's the wind, don't worry" The wind can't make the bed feel as if you've been on a boat INSIDE the house
Was strange but not scarey, just went to sleep.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:30 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

Yep i felt it too, awoke to a loud rumbling and bed, warbdrobes drawers all shaking and the lampshade swinging side to side.
I dived out of bed and rang my husband who was working 3 miles away, he didn't hear or feel a thing and told me it was the wind, go back to sleep.
I then noticed all the neighbours looking out at our house, was convinced it was falling down then hubby rang me back to tell me it was being reported it was an earthquake. I then watched sky news for the next two hours petrified we were gonna have a big un!

Just the wind....tut!