Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone Feel The Earthquake ??

Anyone Feel The Earthquake ??

Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Default Anyone Feel The Earthquake ??

Morning All,

Just waking up to the news in UK, earthquake measuring 5.2 in ricter scale !!!!

Stretched from Yorkshire to London !!!!

My husband said he quite literally shite himself last night, I was asleep and he was on the computer !!!!

Donna.
x
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Feel The Earthquake ??

Yep - I was a little scared actually. I was awake; I'd just switched the light off to go to sleep.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing i felt here was rumblings in the guts
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:14 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Morning All,

My husband said he quite literally shite himself last night, I was asleep and he was on the computer !!!!

Donna.
x
Nope but apparently a chimney fell down in Barnsley the Aussie news said.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:18 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
fell through his bedroom ceiling apparently and broke the old boys leg.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:19 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
That can't be true. Aussie news doesn't report on anything outside of Australia (allegedly)
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:23 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i felt it , not sure what time .. but house shook good n proper
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

Morning All,

Donna.
x
men are such drama queens !!! yep we felt it OH really over reacted and got all excited i just went back to sleep His description of 'the quake' this morning is slightly over the top to say the least i describe it as a shudder he says , "the whole house shook everything was moving ...and did you hear the noise??!!"
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:19 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Yep we felt it, apparently the radiator in our bedroom was shaking and I sat up and asked Mark what it was, trouble is I dont remember doing it

Joex
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:29 am
Just Joined

julesmc will become famous soon enough

Yep, we felt it! We live about 15 miles from Wragby where the epicentre was. I was in a deep sleep so it took a second or two to realise what was happening but the bed was shaking good and proper (and not for the right reasons!!).

However, the cat just slept right on through.......
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:09 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god did I feel it.

Mr PP was asleep in the front room as I am not sleeping and keeping him awake.

I was lying in bed watching TV and I felt the bed shake, as I live on the flight path to Heathrow I stupidly wondered if it were some big plane or other.

But there was total silence. The bed kept shaking and I nervously checked under the bed to see if the cat was there - not that 7kgs of cat could do much to an iron bed.

Then one side of the bed lifted off the floor and at that point I nearly wet myself - seriously I have never been so scared.

Thinking it was a ghost as there was no other noise, I ran into the living room making as much noise as possible to frighten the 'ghost'.

'I think the flat is haunted, the bed has just lifted up with me on it' I squeaked.

Poor Mr PP sat up and said that he had felt it, we both looked at the wooden futon which is bloody heavy and it had moved several feet.

Could I get to sleep after that? Could I heck as like. The bloke downstairs started snoring to the point I had to put in earplugs and I finally fell asleep at 3.40am and woke up again to the radio at 5.30am.

God I am tired, even if the earth did move for me.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

I was at work in Leeds and it was quite surreal really. Just getting ready to go home and the office windows all bellowed and then everything just shuck once and then seconds after shook again.....
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

Morning All,

Donna.
x
It frightened the life out of me, was at computer as well, the desk was shaking all over the place, the monitor looked like it was about to jump off, all the doors were rattling, I thought something had hit the house.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:53 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dizzydame
It frightened the life out of me, was at computer as well, the desk was shaking all over the place, the monitor looked like it was about to jump off, all the doors were rattling, I thought something had hit the house.
It was very scary that's for sure.

It didn't occur to me what it was, my friend told me that her wardrobe was rattling and swaying

I slept through the last one we had in 2002 (I think it was then) but this one made me think that someone was under the bed lifting it up.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:01 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

We felt it too. The bed and the wardrobe doors shook and rattled. I wondered what the hell it was. OH got up to investigate and said he thought it was our son going to get a drink

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.