Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Web developer jobs in Asia?

Web developer jobs in Asia?

Old Nov 27th 2011, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

DJone01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Web developer jobs in Asia?

For a while I have been considering moving to work in Asia.

I am a graduate, holding a BSc Honours in Games Computing Software Engineering and have been working freelance as a web developer, and am looking for work within web development in Asia, I will be training for the TEFL England 130hour course when I get back from travel to Switzerland and Germany, so intend to start the course 6 months training in the new year as I want to move to Asia so giving my the best options and chance possible to gain work and a visa.

I had been considering Korea, China/Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore and maybe Japan, the best option seems like China on the web developer jobs front and cost of living is low with good wages, seen one job: Web Architect 上海 Shanghai, China 20000 (£2,029.2236) to 30000 (£3,043.8354) RMB/month.

Can anyone recommend a good English language option jobs website for these countries thats good for expats? So far I have found http://www.matchdragon.com/ in China

Also if anyone is already working in IT/Web development what advice in looking and current work advice and tips can you give? About life in China, Korea etc. Work life, social life.

I plan to bring my Filipino girlfriend to stay for a while too, only on tourist visa, then if things are serious will apply for spouse visa later.

For skills I Knowledge of HTML, XHTML, XML, JavaScript, AJAX, JAVA, PHP, SQL, ASP.NET, C# and CSS coding, SEO, Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Fireworks, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Expression, ActiveState Komodo Edit.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:16 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web developer jobs in Asia?

Hi Djone and a warm to BE from Malaysia.

This section of the Far East and Asia forum does tend to be a bit of an odds n sods section these days. So.... if you don't get any response to this post, try putting something in the China section here We have quite a few regular posters in that section.

Also... if you haven't yet discovered it, there's a section Working Abroad and Working by Profession (IT is included). If you go to the main forum page and scroll down, you should find it.

All the best with your planning.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

HayleyPaling is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest working on Singapore, with sound workplace integration policies and a common working language you will find diversity and prominent elements within its workforce. As for good English language option jobs website you can try HeadHunt they have huge list of Information Technology jobs in Singapore.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:17 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hayley and welcome to the forum. I think someone was saying in the Singapore forum that it was difficult to get jobs there now. Presume you have looked in the Singapore forum on here? Are you based in Singapore?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 5:17 am
Just Joined

cyber_drac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,
Getting a IT job in Singapore is not that hard and most of my batch mates were able to find a IT job within 2 weeks. I would suggest you to go to Singapore and apply for jobs. Soon after you got a job, your employer will facilitate to get a work visa