Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Busan - Salary/living cost question

Busan - Salary/living cost question

Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Busan - Salary/living cost question

Am contemplating a move to Busan with my current project.

The salary would be around 12 million won per month with accomodation provided. Im Australian, currently living in Aus. Previously lived and worked in Abu Dhabi. How would this salary go with supporting myself, my girlfriend and our baby? Is there any recommended reading?

I cant really leave them here as I would be doing a 56-day on roster with a 14 day break each time.

Thanks!

EDIT: I should also mention my partner is Filipina with an Australian residency visa. We aren't married yet. Are visas going to be a problem?

Last edited by AnotherWorld; Apr 17th 2012 at 9:12 am.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:08 am
Just Joined

canmethed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Busan - Salary/living cost question

Hey A.W., just read your post. I don't know about Busan, but I've been in Seoul for years, my first kid is on the way. A salary like that would allow the 3 of you to live quite comfortably, depending of course on what you spend each month.
Visa wise, you'll get one no problem, your partner is hard to say, but as caregiver to your child, they'd likely help her out. There is a Filipina community here, but mostly ladies doing cleaning jobs, private nannies. I don't know how her Aussie residency would play with her Visa application.
Check out "Daves ESL Cafe" through google, there'll be plenty of info on the message boards there that can help you out. Otherwise, if you hav'ne already, put in a call to the nearest Korean Embassy/Consulate, they'll be able to give you really good info on the Visa matter.