Malaysia Beaches

Old May 2nd 2005, 5:32 am
Just Joined

dabossuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Malaysia Beaches

Hi

I live in Jakarta, but having do to a visa run this weekend to renew. Normally I go to Singapore but was thiniking about a beach resort in Malaysia. There are two of us (guys-early 30's) looking for a 5star resort, nice beach for chilling out in the day by the pool / sea - but also somewhere with some bars / clubs for the evening. Can anyone recommend ?

Thanks

DabossUK
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:03 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malaysia Beaches

Originally Posted by dabossuk
Hi

I live in Jakarta, but having do to a visa run this weekend to renew. Normally I go to Singapore but was thiniking about a beach resort in Malaysia. There are two of us (guys-early 30's) looking for a 5star resort, nice beach for chilling out in the day by the pool / sea - but also somewhere with some bars / clubs for the evening. Can anyone recommend ?

Thanks

DabossUK
Hv u try Shangri-La Hotel Penang??? Facing the beach and plenty of eating places there.
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:14 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the shang-ri la in penang. We`ve stayed at Batu Ferangi beach twice now. Its absolutely amazing. We stayed at The Golden sands but used the facilities of the Shangri-ri la and its a fantastic 5 star hotel. If you go, you must have a massage from Mr Foo, he is on the beach right outside the hotel. Its pretty quiet in the day, but at night it all comes to life with the night markets, bars and restaurants. You will most certainly enjoy your stay.

Sam
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sam parky
I agree with the shang-ri la in penang. We`ve stayed at Batu Ferangi beach twice now. Its absolutely amazing. We stayed at The Golden sands but used the facilities of the Shangri-ri la and its a fantastic 5 star hotel. If you go, you must have a massage from Mr Foo, he is on the beach right outside the hotel. Its pretty quiet in the day, but at night it all comes to life with the night markets, bars and restaurants. You will most certainly enjoy your stay.

Sam
Had a look on Shang-ri la website and seems to be two in Penang.

The goldern sands one which you mention you stayed in but shared the facilities. However if I look at the other ones, says its closed ;-(

http://www.shangri-la.com/penang/ras.../en/index.aspx

Is that what you mean ? Bit worried as do not think much of Shang-ri La in jakarta :-)

Paul
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:33 am

The goldern sands one which you mention you stayed in but shared the facilities. However if I look at the other ones, says its closed ;-(

Is that what you mean ? Bit worried as do not think much of Shang-ri La in jakarta :-)

Paul
Hi Paul,

I`ve just had a read. I`m quite suprised at that, it really was a beautiful hotel. The Golden Sands was o.k. but the other hotel we`ve stayed at is The Bayview Beach resort. Still on the same road, but not quite as central. I would highly recommend it. We stayed there a couple of years ago and had a lovely time. If we went back there (which is unlikely as we are moving to Spain - finances and all that) we would probably go back to the Bayview Beach.

Hope it helps,
Sam
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:04 am
Just Joined

ah this might explain it - seems 3 hotels in Penang, this one was not on the drop down list - but if you google came up. Its in Gerogetown - is this the one you were talking about ?

http://www.shangri-la.com/penang/shangri-la/en/
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:13 am

ah this might explain it - seems 3 hotels in Penang, this one was not on the drop down list - but if you google came up. Its in Gerogetown - is this the one you were talking about ?

http://www.shangri-la.com/penang/shangri-la/en/
Hi Paul, No,its right next to The Golden Sands on Batu Ferrengi Beach. I`ve just had another look, its definately closed.

Sam
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:34 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul
Never been in Shangri-La Jakarta, but i used to work in Shangri-La Singapore. That's why i reecommend u Shangri-La Penang. Unfortunately I dunno that the place is close.

Sorry abt that.

Hv u ever thought about downtown Kuala Lumpur? Yes no beach there ... but plenty of bar for pub crawling
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by novita77
Never been in Shangri-La Jakarta, but i used to work in Shangri-La Singapore. That's why i reecommend u Shangri-La Penang. Unfortunately I dunno that the place is close.

Sorry abt that.

Hv u ever thought about downtown Kuala Lumpur? Yes no beach there ... but plenty of bar for pub crawling
Hey

No def looking for beach with some nightlife. Any of suggestions ?

Thanks
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:02 am
semarang

Hey

No def looking for beach with some nightlife. Any of suggestions ?

Thanks
Phuket Paul???
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Hi

Did think about that - buts its a good 5 hours flight from Jakarta once you done connections etc. Only got Friday PM > Monday AM. Thats why thought Malayisa was closer. However seems lots of nice hotels etc on the smaller islands - but little nightlife. personally I am happy not to have the bars etc - but other guy wants that :-)

I keep looking ...

Dabossuk
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:39 am
semarang

Hi

Did think about that - buts its a good 5 hours flight from Jakarta once you done connections etc. Only got Friday PM > Monday AM. Thats why thought Malayisa was closer. However seems lots of nice hotels etc on the smaller islands - but little nightlife. personally I am happy not to have the bars etc - but other guy wants that :-)

I keep looking ...

Dabossuk
Hv u been to tioman island? Nice beaches but pub wise would be a bit basic
Old May 4th 2005, 4:01 am
Just Joined

ok have made him see the light! no need for the nightlife now - just going to ipod / read on a beach for the weekend so best hotel resort on an island in Malaysia :-)

I will check out tioman island.

Thanks

Paul
Old May 4th 2005, 8:10 am
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of

The best beach I have ever been to I found in Langkawi. Have you looked at Datai Langkawi ? Nice place