Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

How to secure construction jobs in Malaysia from the UK?

How to secure construction jobs in Malaysia from the UK?

Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

mollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant futuremollymalone has a brilliant future
Default How to secure construction jobs in Malaysia from the UK?

My husband is a Senior Quantity Surveyor working in London, and has 7+ years experience with a degree. I've been to Malaysia several times and loved it, and we are doing our research at the moment. But I can't find any employment agencies neither in London or Malaysia that recruits European QSs over to Malaysia. Basically we would want to go over as an expat.

What sort of expat salary and package is the going-rate at the moment in KL, and do they hire expats? I know there are a few Malay QSs in London working, so I am sure there are enough of them back in their own country....

If anyone can shed some light and point me in the right direction, that would be great.