Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

diving on Koh Tao, Thailand

diving on Koh Tao, Thailand

Old Aug 26th 2002, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Xiomy3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default diving on Koh Tao, Thailand

We are staying 3 nights on Koh Tao at beginning of October. Any ideas on where to stay and recommendations for good dive shops? Should we stay at the same place where the dive shop is? Anyone ever stay in the Ang Thong National Marine Park? How do we contact them to reserve staying there?
Old Aug 27th 2002, 2:05 pm
Max

Default Re: diving on Koh Tao, Thailand

don't go to buddhaview, theyre scams. They sell theyre shit on the boat to koh tao
and they say you have a bungalow include in the price but it's fake, and then, you
have to go back at the main pier by your own. I've been to simple life villa (resort)
on the left side of the pier. It's just a resort near a bunch of dive shop where you
can negociate. It's very nice. If you stay at the same place than the dive shop, you
will pay more.

Many person call Tao the Dive Mafia....they'll do anything to sell you they're dive
course or whatever

"Xiomy3" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
    > We are staying 3 nights on Koh Tao at beginning of October. Any ideas on where to
    > stay and recommendations for good dive shops? Should we stay at the same place
    > where the dive shop is? Anyone ever stay in the Ang Thong National Marine Park? How
    > do we contact them to reserve staying there?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 1st 2002, 11:10 pm
Gord Pope

Default Re: diving on Koh Tao, Thailand

We stayed at the Coral Grand resort where lives the Coral Grand dive shop. I got my
Open water certificate there so I'm not an expert judge of dive shops. However, they
seemed quite fine to me. Also the resort is OK. Has a pool. Cost us 400baht per
nite for 4 nites while I took the course. 1200 baht for the 5th night after the
course. On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:32:07 +0000, Xiomy3 <[email protected]> wrote:

>We are staying 3 nights on Koh Tao at beginning of October. Any ideas on where to
    >stay and recommendations for good dive shops? Should we stay at the same place where
    >the dive shop is? Anyone ever stay in the Ang Thong National Marine Park? How do we
    >contact them to reserve staying there?