Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

42 year old guy looking to live in the Far East - Help?

42 year old guy looking to live in the Far East - Help?

Old May 31st 2011, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

PriMarina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 42 year old guy looking to live in the Far East - Help?

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Didn't even begin to make sense but thanks anyway.
Funny British snobbery I have heard about it before.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:59 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't even begin to make sense but thanks anyway.
DG, me neither. I thought it might be one of those spam bot thingys but I guess not, heh heh.

Hi Primarina, yup the British sense of humour is not understood by all but of course you are in fact on a British Expat forum, so I guess we will carry on regardless.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:04 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, she's going to see a lot more of it anyway if a load of us move to Russia with her like she asks us to do.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:30 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PriMarina
Hi there!
This is all very interesting that you discuss ... But I wonder how you will feel hot and humid weather there after the UK? Hmm ... if bored gentlemen, comes to the Far East of Russia - here you will not be bored...
if I had to choose between the weather in Bangkok or Vladivostok there is only going to be one winner.

I won't be learning Russian any time soon !
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:41 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing about Vladivostok for me would be that you can get a train to Pyongyang from there.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bakedbean
DG, me neither. I thought it might be one of those spam bot thingys but I guess not, heh heh.

Hi Primarina, yup the British sense of humour is not understood by all but of course you are in fact on a British Expat forum, so I guess we will carry on regardless.
I agree, we have a little problem with understanding, but it's funny.
But it's all offtopic.
Our Russian men also go to Thailand, the Philippines, Taiwan and etc, have their own business in the form of hotels, restaurants. I think it boring to live without work, without self-realization.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:13 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing about Vladivostok for me would be that you can get a train to Pyongyang from there.
That sounds great ! Pyonyang has always been on my must visit list.

What about the booze ? vodka ? Russia ?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:15 am

But it's all offtopic.
Our Russian men also go to Thailand, the Philippines, Taiwan and etc, have their own business in the form of hotels, restaurants. I think it boring to live without work, without self-realization.
Everyone's got to work for a living. Well most people anyway. Not too many Russian businesses in Thailand though. A lot of Russians and a lot of businesses catering for Russians but that's about it.

I think most of them come for a holiday to escape the harsh winter.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nonthaburi

I think most of them come for a holiday to escape the harsh winter.

Not only because of the desire to have summer all year round. Rather, a more relaxed way of life with minimal investment.
And about vodka, believe me, it's a stereotype...there are various social groups. ..
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:45 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

But it's all offtopic.
Ya but some us used to work and now retired :-)
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:43 am

Not only because of the desire to have summer all year round. Rather, a more relaxed way of life with minimal investment.
And about vodka, believe me, it's a stereotype...there are various social groups. ..
Rainy summer at the moment as it's rainy season. A British summer in fact.

I was watching BBC world the other day and they did say that beer drinking is on the rise in Russia and Vodka drinking is going down.

you have a point.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

But it's all offtopic.
Self realization can come by many means. Unless one makes a living from the creative arts or some altruistic means then i would argue then it may well be something else.
Often the two don't go together in my view.Often we are what we do and how we behave after working hours. Hence the work persona.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Self realization can come by many means. Unless one makes a living from the creative arts or some altruistic means then i would argue then it may well be something else.
Often the two don't go together in my view.Often we are what we do and how we behave after working hours. Hence the work persona.
Yes, you're right, I mean to professional self-realization, of course .....