Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where are expats most concentrated?

Where are expats most concentrated?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:14 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where are expats most concentrated?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes I agree there are people effected by the present economic climate here .... there also may effected in the UK.
The picture you paint of Spain though is not what I see, and I have woken up and drunk the coffee.
Sorry if you have had to go back, hope it all works out for you, but there are plenty of people here who realise its pretty bad back in the Uk also and maybe Spain is a better option for them at the moment
I have to agree with you on this one, I have been sat here for 10 Min pondering on what to respond with, But I don't see 1000's returning from France. I do see people complaining about things but this is the same the world over and has always been this way. I did send a pm to Sue asking her to edit my post so it was a little less condescending or rude I did not mean it to come across like that and things always sound better when you have had a couple of drinks. Dinner has settled now and have read it it came out wrong.

Any road for the few and not 1000's I see returning it's all linked to financial planning. Having an income in a alternative currency is a bad thing. purely because you cant count on exchange rates. If Brown wants to help england and Europe now would be a good time to scrape the pound in favor of the Euro. It would bolster the Euro against the Dollar. Improving the pick up pace of possibly recovery on this side of the water.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jan 20th 2009 at 10:16 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

graham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes I agree there are people effected by the present economic climate here .... there also may effected in the UK.
The picture you paint of Spain though is not what I see, and I have woken up and drunk the coffee.
Sorry if you have had to go back, hope it all works out for you, but there are plenty of people here who realise its pretty bad back in the Uk also and maybe Spain is a better option for them at the moment
HMMM, frying pan and fire come to mind, i am not an economist but maybe the sooner the pound changes to the Euro, it maybe for the better.thats a tuffy?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:26 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham barnett
HMMM, frying pan and fire come to mind, i am not an economist but maybe the sooner the pound changes to the Euro, it maybe for the better.thats a tuffy?
Well its an ideal time for the country now maybe around parity, but not so much for us ex pats as it would only add to the misery of some. I've lost income of €400+ a month through the changes against what I was receiving last year
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Aidano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
In hiding under a gooseberry bush?