Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where are expats most concentrated?

Where are expats most concentrated?

Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Brolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Where are expats most concentrated?

I want to find out where people are thinking most intently; where would that be?

Actually, no, I want to find out where most Brits are in Europe. I have this from the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...tml/europe.stm

but what I'm after is... in Spain, as an example, where exactly are my expats? On the south coast? Is it possible to be more precise? And France, there are lots in France but where are they?

Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are expats most concentrated?

Originally Posted by Brolly
I want to find out where people are thinking most intently; where would that be?

Actually, no, I want to find out where most Brits are in Europe. I have this from the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...tml/europe.stm

but what I'm after is... in Spain, as an example, where exactly are my expats? On the south coast? Is it possible to be more precise? And France, there are lots in France but where are they?

Thanks for any help.
Well in Spain its definately around the Costas, near the coast
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:25 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any help.
Why ?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:10 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I And France, there are lots in France but where are they?

In hiding under a gooseberry bush?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

I'm most concentrated in my living room. Although occasionally I'm concentrated in the kitchen in front of the cupboard that hides the chocolate biscuits.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:04 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Costa Blanca or Costa del Sol, Costa Blanca biggest ex pat concentration is probably round Torrevieja, not Torrevieja itself, but just North and South of it. Costa el sol, probably round the Marbella, Malaga areas. but people round there could tell you better..
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

graham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to all

Thanks for any help.
Cost Del Sol Thousands of us from Sotogrande to Malaga

Mabella, Calahonda, Riviera, Fuengirola loads, Mijas Benalmadena Torre, weather good on the Costas as well
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

jgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nice

There seems to be a very large expat population in Brussels. Most of my colleagues are Brits.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:18 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Very large Quantity in France, But we are not so prone to living on top of each other. With the exception of a few areas Like Brittany, Dordogne which have very large English populations.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

graham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Very large Quantity in France, But we are not so prone to living on top of each other. With the exception of a few areas Like Brittany, Dordogne which have very large English populations.
Sadly, not much longer due to the Euro, thousands already coming home, ref: The One Show BBC Monday night.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by graham barnett
Cost Del Sol Thousands of us from Sotogrande to Malaga

Mabella, Calahonda, Riviera, Fuengirola loads, Mijas Benalmadena Torre, weather good on the Costas as well
Yeah ! More immobilised building cranes and empty apartment blocks , than us Brits , nowadays , though...
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:19 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly, not much longer due to the Euro, thousands already coming home, ref: The One Show BBC Monday night.
If you believed everything that you watched on TV and the English News, the only good thing to do now would be emigrate to Mars. Most of us can see beyond the Media Hyped goings on in the modern world. What you watch on TV is not the actual facts it is the opinion of one person the Producer of the Media document you are watching trying to manipulate a scene of events in order to suit themselves.

News is not factual it is produced with one thing in mind, Keep you watching that channel alone.

Thousands is an extreme exaggeration of the Truth a few may have been hit hard, Thousands returning from France NO. Plus it does not take in to consideration the ones that would be returning anyway.

Last edited by Sue; Jan 20th 2009 at 10:26 pm. Reason: OP requested a couple of small alterations
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Insulting , what ?
Which planet do you live on ( if you call that a living ) then ?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
If you believed everything that you watched on TV and the English News, the only good thing to do now would be emigrate to Mars. Most of us can see beyond the Media Hyped goings on in the modern world. Live your Life don't watch others live theirs. What you watch on TV is not the actual facts it is the opinion of one person the Producer of the Media document you are watching trying to manipulate a scene of events in order to suit themselves.

News is not factual it is produced with one thing in mind, Keep you watching that channel alone.

Thousands is an extreme exaggeration of the Truth a few may have been hit hard, Thousands returning NO. Plus it does not take in to consideration the ones that would be returning anyway.

Your life is just another Episode on the Truman Show, come play up to the Camera.
OHH i forgot to tell you we lived on the Costa's for 6yrs, if you had seen the programme the content was on the Ark christian fellowship a church wich we attended for a long time. It was about every day people street people middle class and the rich. They interviewed pastor Dave Smith who is a very respected pastor on the coast and has lived there for more then 20yrs, you see the view was not coming from the media but a very respected man. We have had to return to the uk with my family as we are unable to cope with the financial pressure of the Euro against the pound. and thousands yes!. I hope that things can get better for the xpats out there, God bless them all
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

OHH i forgot to tell you we lived on the Costa's for 6yrs, if you had seen the programme the content was on the Ark christian fellowship a church wich we attended for a long time. It was about every day people street people middle class and the rich. They interviewed pastor Dave Smith who is a very respected pastor on the coast and has lived there for more then 20yrs, you see the view was not coming from the media but a very respected man. We have had to return to the uk with my family as we are unable to cope with the financial pressure of the Euro against the pound. and thousands yes!. I hope that things can get better for the xpats out there, God bless them all
Yes I agree there are people effected by the present economic climate here .... there also may effected in the UK.
The picture you paint of Spain though is not what I see, and I have woken up and drunk the coffee.
Sorry if you have had to go back, hope it all works out for you, but there are plenty of people here who realise its pretty bad back in the Uk also and maybe Spain is a better option for them at the moment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.