Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where is best for me

Where is best for me

Old Sep 28th 2014, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Emigrate1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where is best for me

I want to emigrate, not sure where yet, I've posted in Europe because it's more general but would prefer to move out of europe if possible, Canada or NZ particularly. But my question is, is there anywhere I would be able to emigrate with just A levels, I dont want to attend uni, especially in the UK so A levels would be my highest qualification, any countries accelt me with them?
Old Sep 28th 2014, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Where is best for me

Also, I have a family member in Australlia if that would help
Old Sep 28th 2014, 5:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emigrate1
Also, I have a family member in Australlia if that would help
Won't help you at all if you only have A levels - unless that family member is a parent on whom you are currently dependent.

A student visa is a possibility but that is a temporary visa and requires some serious £££

Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection has all the ways to migrate to Australia, if you want to work towards it in the future
Old Sep 28th 2014, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Won't help you at all if you only have A levels - unless that family member is a parent on whom you are currently dependent.

A student visa is a possibility but that is a temporary visa and requires some serious £££

Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection has all the ways to migrate to Australia, if you want to work towards it in the future
Yeah I assumed A levels might not be enough, will a degree do then? I have looked around a bit but with pther countries having different qualifications etc. I haven't managed to be 100% sure
Old Sep 28th 2014, 6:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emigrate1
Yeah I assumed A levels might not be enough, will a degree do then? I have looked around a bit but with pther countries having different qualifications etc. I haven't managed to be 100% sure
For Australia, depends on what the degree is in. Many skills require experience as well. Once you decide in what subject you wish to get a degree that wll help, then have an ask in our Aus Immi forum and they'll point you to lists of skills in demand etc

Canada and NZ have different requirements - you'd need to post in those forums to get more info
Old Oct 4th 2014, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered becoming an au pair? You'll only get a year in each place, but it's a way to see some of the world without a degree, while you're still young. I had a friend went to the US as an au-pair many years ago and had a great time (can't remember the agency, sorry), and there are plenty of agencies covering Europe (where you'd get the chance to learn a new language; improving job prospects if you decided to stay in the UK)
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

If you are still young what about work & travel visa? It is not a permanent visa but allows you to get to know the countries and maybe find somebody to sponsor you.