Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

What an amazing place Austria is I think I have changed my mind

What an amazing place Austria is I think I have changed my mind

Old Jul 16th 2003, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sindy
What can I say Carrianne except, totally agree.

Austria is one of our all time favs. We have been to Abtenau, Neiderau, Salzburg and Linz (My friend actually lives there, bitch! )

Like you we did the visit to Hiltlers Eagles nest in Berchtesgarten (good Schnapps distillery nearby )

I notice you live in Scotland. Have you had an opportunity to Holiday in the Highlands. The area around Inverness is also Breathtaking. Ahh the memories.

Regards

Sindy

My wife and I are planning to spend our 25th wedding anniversary in Austria. We have a Euro Rail Pass and plan to be based in Linz.

Any sightseeing suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 4:54 am
Just Joined

metalman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AUSTRIA love the place...

What can i say? Austria love it ..i have been living here 3 years,nice people,great food always something to do.....and the weather is much better than the UK(YES WE EVEN HAVE A REAL SUMMER 33C TODAY)
So people come and vist you wont regret it.

best wishes Metalman

ps..the beer is very good too
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:59 am
Just Joined

BrigitteM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What an amazing place Austria is I think I have changed my mind

BOOHOO!

You guys are making me soo homesick!

I am a "Salzburger Kind'l" or "Stierwascher" (depending on what mood I'm in) from birth.

We were there July 2004 till Thanksgiving and I miss it.

I live in the US and hate it! It is the pits and it is getting worse by the moment.
This is for you British, I know, mostly just lurking here....

Last edited by BrigitteM; Jan 12th 2005 at 11:01 am.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:38 am
Scuffer

Scuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What an amazing place Austria is I think I have changed my mind

Originally Posted by Carrianne
No I haven't got it wrong, we have just got back from Austria and what a beautiful country and people. Thankfully I speak basic german so was able to get about and on ok. Told hubby we want to come here instead

I would love to go back even though we where the youngest on the plane. It was so more relaxed.

Saw a t shirt out there saying Austria doesn't do Kangaroos with the Ozzy roadsign for roos on it really funny byt didn't get it wish I had now.

Hope everyone is well and all your plans are going great. We are hoping to get the house on the market in the next couple of weeks.

Carrianne x
Had a holiday touring all over the Bregenzer Wald (No set itinerary - just kept turning left) Wonderful place. Cheaper than I imagined it would be and we only lost two days of fourteen to rain, the remainder of trhe time the weather food and locals were wonderful.