Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Slovenia....so anyone else out here

Slovenia....so anyone else out here

Old Jan 25th 2013, 5:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slovenia....so anyone else out here

Originally Posted by M AND G
Wrote a nice reply to Mitzyb about Yosemite and it would not let me post. No privileges or moderator wants to disembowel me or the likes so lost my mail...
Bit pants unless its just me... M
Its not normal, the only restrictions on here are about pm messages, and thats only to stop spammers signing up, not posting, and then spamming

Did it have a link in it? Thats something that is sometimes restricted, but just until 3 posts
Old Jan 25th 2013, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Mitzyb - it let me post the moan .... no link, probably having a funny moment.
We were young, in love and had no fear then. We both went up seperately in the glider at a cost of $10 or $15 bucks back in '79 - it was spectacular. Yosemite is Gills favourite place (Ansel Adams photo exhibition on in London at the moment- so will have glorious photos of the valley). We drove on Christmas eve some years back from Yosemite, leaving at lunch time and drove to Scottsdale AZ arriving at whatever time for Christmas day. It was strange in the desert to see headlights in the distance (miles away) and then take 5 ot 10 minutes to get to you. The glow of Pheonix could be seen for miles. Drove on to Las Vegas on NYears eve but failed to get a room, could only find a flop house and people seemed to be killing each other so ended up driving on to Disneyland/world and was the first in the park.
Funny how many people from Las Vegas have not even been to the Grand Canyon and they dont need a passport. Flying through the Canyon having been 'clocked' by the police at 105 in a metallic blue Camaro, fined for being somewhat over the then 55 limit was the best thing that could have happend
but thats another story.......
You brought back happy memories of that trip.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 6:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M AND G
Mitzyb - it let me post the moan .... no link, probably having a funny moment.
We were young, in love and had no fear then. We both went up seperately in the glider at a cost of $10 or $15 bucks back in '79 - it was spectacular. Yosemite is Gills favourite place (Ansel Adams photo exhibition on in London at the moment- so will have glorious photos of the valley). We drove on Christmas eve some years back from Yosemite, leaving at lunch time and drove to Scottsdale AZ arriving at whatever time for Christmas day. It was strange in the desert to see headlights in the distance (miles away) and then take 5 ot 10 minutes to get to you. The glow of Pheonix could be seen for miles. Drove on to Las Vegas on NYears eve but failed to get a room, could only find a flop house and people seemed to be killing each other so ended up driving on to Disneyland/world and was the first in the park.
Funny how many people from Las Vegas have not even been to the Grand Canyon and they dont need a passport. Flying through the Canyon having been 'clocked' by the police at 105 in a metallic blue Camaro, fined for being somewhat over the then 55 limit was the best thing that could have happend
but thats another story.......
You brought back happy memories of that trip.
Heh heh, thats a nice post
I'm pleased to say I'm off back to California and Yosemite this year, staying at somewhere called the Narrow Guage Inn which sounds a bit scary; Staying in places called Eureka, Truckee and such like

Thanks for posting that though
Old Jan 25th 2013, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Best Mack truck I ever photographed was in Eureka...
Lucky boy - think it was about 5 years ago we last had a holiday in Californiain & Yosemite. We hate camping but Gillian wanted us all to stay in a tent in Yosemite (like we did years before). First night we were in Curry Camp log/tents some 7 metres from the toilet block. Ablutions ended at about 1.30am with those partying and started at about 4am with early risers about to trek. World Air 5G-force hand dryers, garling, noisy flossing and other stuff. Americans are real noisy ablutors !!
I thanked the check in team them for giving us a tent with an on-suite but said why did everyone else use it. We got the last room at the Awahnee.
Hope you have a great time but no doubt talk before.
M & G