Reload this Page >

Living in the Balkans

Living in the Balkans

Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

RogerT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in the Balkans

Originally Posted by mia-mia
Looks like I d have to build my own house.
Watch me on Grand Designs in a couple of years!
No idea what is meant by 'taxes' but for sure, the Slovenian bureaucracy is probably one of the most challenging of any country in the world.

Building a house here is a great idea, but only if you have the nerve to see it through regarding the paperwork.

Other than the bureaucracy, there really isn't much to complain about in Slovenia, but there is plenty to praise.
Old May 14th 2010, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Pun1sh3R is just really nicePun1sh3R is just really nicePun1sh3R is just really nicePun1sh3R is just really nicePun1sh3R is just really nicePun1sh3R is just really nicePun1sh3R is just really nicePun1sh3R is just really nice

Hello, I'm kind of new to the forums, but if anyone is interested in something about Croatia I can try to answer them. There is a lot of stuff going on right now so it might not be a best place to live in, but still there are some bright spots
Old May 16th 2010, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

justjeff4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am quite an expert on Croatia - my colleague, a martial arts sensei, was told that if he saw a black car stop and the window lowered, he must drop to the floor immediately. 2 other martial arts senseis had already been killed. He had discovered the corruption in sport and how that its president was laundering money. I found Dubrovnic very nice and he people friendly - but those in the north west of the country were purely rude and ignorant. The cost of food (if one could get it) was outrageous. I like the Croatian music which is quite apart from the Serb, Albanian and Macedonian. The wind in the winter was bitter and unbearable but the summers were pleasant. Accommodation was another hurdle.